Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tonytorode Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Jan 8, 2003, 04:45 PM
    Ati xpert 98 rage
    I have just bought an 'ati xpert 98 rage pro 8mb agp graphics card` and I can find no slots to fit it into. It is similar to my other cards, e.g. Modem and dvd decoder card but the connectors to the expansion slots are too far back to connect. Is there a way of fitting this card or have I bought a dummy?my computer is a patriot pc100. Thank you
    i_love_to_listen Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Jan 9, 2003, 06:49 PM
    ati xpert 98 rage
    You may be confusing the PCI slot with the AGP slot. If you can tell me the motherboard model in the system, we could verify this

Jan 10, 2003, 02:12 PM
    ati xpert 98 rage
    Thanks for answering. Unfortunately I do not know the motherboard type. The pc was originally a win 3.1 from new and has no pci slots only 4 much larger black slots which the card does not fit into. Thanks.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 23, 2003, 09:46 AM
    ati xpert 98 rage
    Sounds like there is no AGP slot. An AGP slot is generally white and at the inner end For the row of slots. Its also set further back from the backplane.

Jan 23, 2003, 04:07 PM
    ati xpert 98 rage
    :)thanks again scott. Yes, I realised that my pc doesn't have a agp slot so I did buy a dummy. Thanks again, poorer but wiser tony

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Rage problems... [ 7 Answers ]

I have been finding myself getting into fights lately. I went to jail about a week ago for getting into a fight, but it was justified (if you read in the relationship threads). But I got into ANOTHER fight tonight for pretty much NO REASON. I don't know what is going on with me lately. I have...

View more questions Search