Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Turqoise Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 21, 2007, 11:21 AM
    Guy trouble
    My friend and I both liked the same guy, so we decided not to fight about him, and that as along as it was one of us that goes out with him the other person would be happy. But at a party which my friend was not at, the guy came on to me and the two of us got quite close. The next day when someone asked if we were going out, the guy replied probably, but my friend ignored me all day and didn't talk to me at all. Then later that night(at another party) the guy told me that he wasn't really ready for another relationship. The problem is, I don't know if he'll ever go out with me now and I still love him so much, AND my friend is still ignoring me, despite our agreement! What do I do??
    barbiechick123 Posts: 317, Reputation: 25

Jun 21, 2007, 12:01 PM
    If you're friend is ignoring you for sometihng that you both agreed on she is a bad friend but of course feelings are strong, you should confy her that you are not going out with him (since you're not) and assure her that a guy shouldn't get between them, because totell you the truth this happens to so many friends and than they get back together again, if she doest value her friendship enough with you to forget the situation especially if nothings even going on than she's not a good friend anyway. And for the guy part, if he's not ready for a girlfriend than you shouldn't rush him all you can do is wait. But you can still be friends with him and eventually mabey you and him will hit it off and your friend will be over him by then. Good luck anyway.
    victoria_mitchell Posts: 242, Reputation: 32

Jun 21, 2007, 01:10 PM
    I think that your agreement should have been outlined in the complete opposite way. Friends love each other so much and are so amazing BUT when it comes to guys there will always be jelousy in freindship paradise. What you guys should have agreed to;;;;; Not to see or get involved with this guy at all.

I think only time will help your friend. I would feel the same way if I was her.
    misterdooey_15 Posts: 7, Reputation: 3

Jun 23, 2007, 06:00 PM
    Maybe your friend really is not your best friend if she won't talk to you.
    cutie08 Posts: 121, Reputation: 2

Jun 24, 2007, 11:46 PM
    Talk to your firend I think as far as the guy if he don't know what he wants then screw him he's not worth waiting around for and losing your friend over tell her that your not going to be with him and that you don't think you should let this guy get in the way of your friendship and that you think that both of you should go and find another guy that you guys won't be fighting over
    calover16m Posts: 41, Reputation: 3

Jun 25, 2007, 01:27 AM
    Just give your friend some time. I have had little fights with my friends too, everyone does, but after a little while we were back to talking on the phone all night. If she continues to stay mad maybe you should just back off a little and become more like aquaintances because she might not be a true best friend. As for the guy give him time too. If he wants to go out with you he will when he's ready. And if not, well you know, there are plenty of fish in the sea.
    godsbabygirl267 Posts: 175, Reputation: 11

Nov 23, 2007, 12:06 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Turqoise
    my friend and i both liked the same guy, so we decided not to fight about him, and that as along as it was one of us that goes out with him the other person would be happy. But at a party which my friend was not at, the guy came on to me and the two of us got quite close. The next day when someone asked if we were going out, the guy replied probably, but my friend ignored me all day and didn't talk to me at all. Then later that night(at another party) the guy told me that he wasn't really ready for another relationship. the problem is, i don't know if he'll ever go out with me now and i still love him so much, AND my friend is still ignoring me, despite our agreement! What do i do???
    WEll that depends on if she dated him or not. Me and my sister have an agreement that if one of us dates someone,its not OK for the other to date them unless and until the other has had time to be OK with it. THere is no definite answer. Just give her time. GIrls fight all the time and are best friends the very next day
    oreo630 Posts: 68, Reputation: 2

Nov 24, 2007, 02:36 PM
    If your friend is really that jealus than she's not worth being your friend. Mayb try talking to her. And that guy isn't worth it either. If u really like him than talk to him about it.
    uniique8 Posts: 11, Reputation: 2

Nov 24, 2007, 06:53 PM
    [QUOTE=Turqoise] Then later that night(at another party) the guy told me that he wasn't really ready for another relationship.QUOTE]

Does that mean he wants you to be his friends with benefits or friends??
    I don't think you really love him. You are confusing love with like. The only way to find out what's up with your friend is to talk to her. Communication is key in all relationships (even friendships) and its necessary to solve problems. Tell her how you feel.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Every guy [ 5 Answers ]

It seems that every guy I talk to you are all the same. I don't know what it is with that. I always get the guys who wants the same thing all the time, just to get one thing and one thing only half the time. And when I do find a guy who seems cool, there's always something I hate about them and I...

The guy holding my hand and the guy holding my heart aren't the same? [ 10 Answers ]

I really like my ex still and I have a new boyfriend and he's so sweet and all, but I'm still just so in love with my ex and it makes me feel bad for my new boyfriend.. I mean I told my ex that I still like him and everything but the thing is is that he has a new girlfriend and so yeah I can't...

Bi guy falls for straight guy [ 6 Answers ]

Im a 34 yrs old and realized I'm bi sexual have not crossed over yet but very much on the move. 6 months I've been real close to a guy whom I've known for almost 20 years but do to the difference in age (hes 8yrs younger) we've just connected deeply over the past summer. The past month he's come...

Getting the guy [ 4 Answers ]

I have a huge crush on this guy and I want to know how to get him! By the way I an in 6th grade!:confused:

Guy Trouble [ 5 Answers ]

Just a few months ago me and my boy friend broke up and now I'm dating his best friend in the whole wide world privately but I still like my ex and want him back is there a way I can get my ex back without hurting anyone in the system :confused:

View more questions Search