Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Angel007 Posts: 17, Reputation: 2

Jun 21, 2007, 09:54 AM
    Stipulation of Dismissal
    Hi everyone! Hope everyone is doing OK.

Most of you remember me posting my case here where I was being taken to court because according to them I owed some account by citybank.

Well I went to the hearing it was with a magistrate not with judge, however, the plaintiff was on the phone (due to distance) and I was present at the court. I told them about not receiving any evidence and rule of discovery, The magistrate advised the plaintiff that I was a head and the plaintiff said to give her till September to get all the avidence, however, I told the magistrate that she was given only 30 days to present evidence which she failed to do. About 5 days later, I received a stipulation of dismissal...

Could I counter sue? Or should I just sign these papers so that the case be dismissed. You answer is much appreciated.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jun 21, 2007, 09:58 AM
    Just sign the papers. You really have no grounds for a counter suit. If you try you just give the plaintiff more time to get the documentation together.
    berrysweetncgurl Posts: 166, Reputation: 19

Jun 23, 2007, 05:09 PM
    Let it ride angel you won your case!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 23, 2007, 05:15 PM
    Just one note, at least here, a magistrate is a judge ( not sure about your area but here they are)

Sign it get it over with and move on
    Angel007 Posts: 17, Reputation: 2

Jun 23, 2007, 05:31 PM
    Thanks for all of you help and answers. Bless all...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Furlow reversal/dismissal or probation transfer [ 1 Answers ]

So OK I live in Ohio & was put on probation for a year for a dui. Part of my sentencing was to complete a 3 day driving school course for 300 bucks or do 3 days in jail, and I chose the latter. When I went in for it in July they held me for half a day and released me on a furlow program due to...

View more questions Search