Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    unkleremis Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 21, 2007, 07:09 AM
    Swapping master cylinders
    I just got a 1978 KZ650 and the front brakes are very soft. I am pretty sure the problem is the master cylinder. It looks like the guy who had it before me put a Honda master cylinder on it from a bike that had just one front caliper. Since this bike has dual calipers, the master cylinder is having some difficulty maintaining enough pressure.

I have found several master cylinders around for other bikes (mostly Harleys) and was wondering if they are interchangeable.

Thanks in advance for your help
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Jun 21, 2007, 05:49 PM
    Personally For Myself, I would use a Different Caliper than stock, provided it Worked well.
    And Tested good, away from traffic.
    If brakes are spongy, might need to be blead, to get rid of air.
    If Brakes creep down when applying pressure, then Master cylinder.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Nitrogen gas cylinders [ 4 Answers ]

Gas weight and charged pressure of nitrogen cylinders available in Indian market? Can the gas from nitrogen cylinder bank be used for purging of Reheating furnaces (during emergency shut down) at a much lower pressure through pressure regulator and distribution pipework?

Swapping Shower and Toilet [ 2 Answers ]

I have a project I'm thinking about doing. I want to swap my shower and toilet. First of all is this possible. My house is on a concrete slab, and I don't want to move any drains. I just want to know, are the drains at about the same size to do this. My shower drain is in the center, and...

Master-detail [ 4 Answers ]

I have a relationship between a table vehicle and conditions of vehicles. Now my question is how can I show the conditions if you select the vehicle by a LOV. The vehicle table is master and conditions is detail but I don't really know how to do it. I hope that someone can help me?

RAID & Hot Swapping HDDs [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, After reading an article about RAID and hot swapping HDDs, I am considering that option and have a question. The article described a Promise system with a RAID controller card (0+1) and hotswap drive housings. If I decide to go this way I would have two of the drive housings in the...

View more questions Search