Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dolly08 Posts: 51, Reputation: 0

Jun 21, 2007, 06:32 AM
    Im a pregnant and just don't know it
    Hey you all I just might need you alls help on knowing if I'm pregnant its hard for me to know cause I haven't been through this experience before so if you all could help me and tell me some of the symptoms that I could look for thanks and I love you all much!! :confused:
    ang8318 Posts: 299, Reputation: 27

Jun 21, 2007, 07:18 AM
    I am pregnant for the first time, and I know what you mean. Have you taken a home pregnancy test yet? Or seen a doctor? There are several symptoms that I have experienced but prior to taking a pregnancy test, I didn't link them with pregnancy. Some symptoms I have are breast tenderness, I had severe vomiting (which I am told, not all women get), and now... my clothes are starting to not fit... other than those, I don't have many other symptoms. Your best bet is to take a home pregnancy test, if it is positive call your doctor.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jun 21, 2007, 07:33 AM
    Not every woman experiences symptoms of pregnancy. I had 4 kids and never had one symptom. Some of them that are most common early on are breast tenderness, nausea (especially in the morning), headaches, and frequent urination.

Also, when taking a HPT it is best to use first morning urine no matter what the directions on the box says. This is because your urine has a higher concentration of hCG (pregnancy hormone) with the first urination of the day.
    alkalineangel Posts: 2,391, Reputation: 323
    Ultra Member

Jun 21, 2007, 07:36 AM
    It is rare for women to experience any symptoms earlier than 6 weeks pregnant. Other than morning sickness and breast tenderness, most women don't really "feel" pregnant until they are at least 12-14 weeks along (on average). Some early signs that are seen on occasion though, are fatigue, nausea, headaches, and breast tenderness. A missed period is the most sure sign, but this can be caused by other factors including, age, stress, std, endometriosis, among other conditions. If you suspect you are pregnant, go buy an HPT and test if it is positive, make an appointment with an OBGYN. If it is negative, depending on how late you are (esp. if it is more than 2 or 3 weeks) go see a dr. to find out what the problem is. You may still be pregnant with a negative result. There are hundreds of false negatives (too low hormones or testing too early). I would suggest starting on some prenatals even before you are sure, just to be safe. Good luck.

Jun 21, 2007, 07:43 AM
    If I am how would I tell my mother because the possible father my mother has NO respect for him she thinks that he is going to mess up my life but she just doesn't understand I LOVE HIM
    Expert

Jun 21, 2007, 07:45 AM
    First thing you have to do is find out if you are or not. You need to do that first. Worrying as you are can be the cause of a missed or late period.

Take it one step at a time.
    alkalineangel Posts: 2,391, Reputation: 323
    Ultra Member

Jun 21, 2007, 07:48 AM
    First see if you are or not... then you just have to suck it up and be adult like. If you want to keep the child, act mature and figure out a plan for housing, feeding, clothing and caring for this child. Tell the father and have him go with you to tell her. Have him explain to her what he wants to do about the situation. Is he going to get a better job, are you going to get an apartment. Let her know that you are going to make it work.

If you are going to adobt, research adoption and talk to some people and get brochures before talking to your mother. Go in prepared for her questions.

If Abortion is your option, go in with the same information.

Make sure that whatever you choose, is YOUR choice. Have the decision made before you talk to her and go in strong. Parents sometimes will try to make you do what They feel is best, but if you are pregnant it is YOUR choice, and no one else's.

REMEMBER. Any anger she shows is just her being loving and protective of her daughter. She will come around. Good luck.

Jun 28, 2007, 12:42 PM
    Thank You, You All For Your Advise It Turns Out That I'm Not Or At Least I've Had My Monthly Cycle... :)
    Expert

Jun 28, 2007, 01:00 PM
    I'm glad to hear it!! Just remember... One Step at a Time.

Stress over the littlest things can cause us to mess up our cycles.

Jun 29, 2007, 08:43 AM
    No thank you j_9 i do love all the help that you gave me
    Expert

Jun 29, 2007, 08:45 AM
    That's what we're here for. ;)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

4 weeks pregnant confirmed but not feeling pregnant [ 22 Answers ]

I'm 4 weeks pregnant started bleeding yesterday but it stopping now the problem is I'm not feeling any symptoms but then again I'm only 4 weeks are they to start around 10 weeks before my mood was at a high like I've never fely before my appetite has gone over the last few days but that might be...

Trying to get pregnant :) [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I'm 24 years old a mother of a 8 year old girl I have been trying to get pregnant Me and my fiancé don't use protection never have I got a HSG done like 2 years ago and found out that one of my tubes were blocked has anyone had that happen and ever got. Pregnant... and also we just did a...

Why can't I get pregnant! [ 2 Answers ]

Please give me some advise. I had a miscarrige 12 months ago this Saturday and I still can't get pregnant! I have been off the pill for 6months. My periods are near enough regular but I still have no joy! My partner and I have worked out ovulation dates and the works but still no joy! I did not...

Could I be pregnant? [ 1 Answers ]

I am 21 years old, sexually active, and on yasmin, but I can't always remember to take it at the same time everyday. I'm now 3 days late, with no particular stress, and I had been extremely tired about a week and a half ago, but now I'm having trouble sleeping. I also am gassy, and I am having a...

Not able to get pregnant [ 9 Answers ]

Hi, I and my husband have been trying for a baby for the past 1 year... no luck yet. Nothing wrong has been detected with either of us till date. All my friends have been able to do it in 2-3 months. Is something wrong with me? Have others also faced similar situations? Will I never get pregnant? ...

View more questions Search