Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    clc Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 15, 2005, 06:09 AM
    Mobile phone decoding
    Can any help,I'm looking to start up a phone decoding bizz and need soft ware and information on how and where to buy the software
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jun 15, 2005, 06:21 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by clc
    can any help,im looking to start up a phone decoding bizz and need soft ware and information on how and where to buy the software
    Ok, I'll bite. What is Phone decoding?
    Nez Posts: 557, Reputation: 51

Jun 15, 2005, 07:08 AM
    Decoding
    I'll bite too.Phone decoding is "hacking" the make of mobile phone,so that when you place a new sim card in,even if the mobile is not yours,the phone will work.However,if your mobile is registered with the manufacturer,they can (will) switch it off,if it's been stolen or lost.That's here in the UK anyway.It really is'nt worth the effort.New security features can even tell to within ten feet where the mobile is,as long as it's switched on.Even if you change the sim. :eek:
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jun 15, 2005, 09:49 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Nez
    I'll bite too.Phone decoding is "hacking" the make of mobile phone
    I had a feeling that was what might have been meant. But I couldn't believe someone would be so naïve (dumb?) to setup a "bizz" that involved such an illegal activity. Especially not to ask for help in a public forum for this. So I thought there might be some other meaning.
    LTheobald Posts: 1,051, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

Jun 16, 2005, 04:49 AM
    I don't think mobile phone unlocking is illegal. I'm pretty sure I've seen it advertised in high street stores over here. Might be worth doing some research into this subject before you try setting up a business for it. Also, the chance of making any money on this venture is very small. There is already thousands of sites out there providing this service. What would make yours any different?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Stolen phone - am I stuck with phone charges? [ 3 Answers ]

My cell phone was stolen recently and the guy who stole it called all over the place, adding about $175 in phone charges to our phone bill. I reported it stolen to Qwest, but they say the charges are still my responsibility. I am planning to refute the bill, but I don't know the correct...

Mobile Home Tub [ 3 Answers ]

I'm reinstalling a garden tub in an early 80's mobile home. It has an above floor drain, and I'm a little confused as to how to hook it up. It is against a wall with no access to the drain from the rear or underneath. Any help would be appreciated. This is my first experience with plumbing a...

Mobile Phone decoding [ 1 Answers ]

Please would you kindlly send or direct me to information source concerning mobile phone decoding?

View more questions Search