Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    UsBlkgal Posts: 83, Reputation: 9

Jun 20, 2007, 08:03 PM
    Lap band
    I am an air force veteran on medicare and va and cannot get a much needed lap band because no one in the south west Missouri area will take either one... my credit isn't so great and neither is my health! Can afford payments.
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Jun 20, 2007, 08:04 PM
    Is there a VA hospital close to you? What have they said about the lap band surgery?

Jun 21, 2007, 07:47 AM
    I am in their MOVE program where they sit us down and give us nutrition and exercise classes. My problem is that I have had weight issues for over thirty years and have been on some diet or other for most of that time.

My problem with MOVE is that they will not commit to say that yes we will get the surgery or no after completing the program. Sometimes they hint yes and others they say that they do not know.

Jul 14, 2007, 06:16 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by UsBlkgal
    I am an air force veteran on medicare and va and cannot get a much needed lap band because no one in the south west missouri area will take either one...my credit isn't so great and neither is my health! Can afford payments.
    I am tired of not getting the right lap band information, or the same information on some things and no information on financing the surgery so I started lap band dicussion blog for anyone to vent, share stats on the subject or ask or answer questions.

I would love for every one who is interested to at least come and visit the site. There is enough room for everyone. We can enlighten and encourage each other at the same time.

My site (our site) is called: LAP BAND ROUND TABLE DISCUSSIONS.

IF you have a favorable or "against" opinion... write. If you have any information please join I want everyone.

I will look for your letters and hope that this venture will be of some help. I have written about the prerequisites, the pros and cons, safety, etc. What can you bring to the table?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lap band surgery [ 1 Answers ]

Has any one had the lap band surgery? I am interested in getting it, I do have high blood pressure and sleep apnea and found out that my medicare and medicaid will pay for it but only if I have theses health problems and well as my mbi being 38, please help if you have had a lap band and if it...

Lap bank surgery [ 3 Answers ]

Has any one had the lap band surgery? I am interested in getting it, I do have high blood pressure and sleep apnea and found out that my medicare and medicaid will pay for it but only if I have theses health problems and well as my mbi being 38, please help if you have had a lap band and if it...

Asking for a Lap Top before accepting a new role. [ 1 Answers ]

I work in the IT industry and the time-frames are challenging. I have recently been offered a six month contract however I do not want to accept this offer unless I am provided with a Lap Top. I have a Lap Top in my curent role and I am able to dial in from home to access the system and work...

Lap top help [ 7 Answers ]

I got this lap top for Christmas and need someone to check it over. I am sending all the info about it. It is "slow". And the username is not mine--how do I change that? What can I put in it to go faster---or take out? Gloria ...

Lap-top monitor renewal [ 1 Answers ]

Hello there: I had a tarffic accident this summer, which basically led to the braking of my lap top. My lap-top is an old Toshiba notebook CDT-620. Does anyone have an idea how much it will cost to get a new monitor? Cheers Marko

View more questions Search