Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    AmishSteve Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 20, 2007, 05:22 PM
    Lightning Strikes My Acer Travelmate 4062WLMi
    Day before yesterday, my Acer was hit by a lightning strike, completely disabling it. Insurance is $500 deductable with depreciation, so it isn't worth filing. However I had lots of info on there that I find valuable. Fortunately, I use Carbonite backup, so I have the info. My problem is that I'm just not certain I can download it to my older PC that has a smaller HDD. Won't the registry be messed up if I do a complete restore? Also, can I use the laptop HDD in the PC? How is that done? Thanks in advance!
    basscleff Posts: 27, Reputation: 0

Jul 28, 2007, 07:33 AM
    You can only get the data off the old hard drive, you shouldn't import the registry and other settings. It won't work.

You can buy an external USB to 2.5" IDE case and converter cable from eBay, about $15.
    Plug laptop hard rive into this aluminum case, and it connects to the usb port of any PC, or other laptop.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Organized strikes [ 2 Answers ]

I need to know 8 disadvantages of an organised strike.

Acer travelmate [ 1 Answers ]

Can anyone tell me if there is any kind of warranty on a acer travelmate. I bought it last year in September and now I am having problems. It seems to go on the blink every time I move it. I paid 2100.00 for it through a company that I should have never ordered through and now they are no longer...

20A Plug help needed before hurricane strikes [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 20 amp(4 prong) female outlet on my generator, I bought the following: 20amp 4-prong male plug 15 ft of 4 cable 8 gauge rubber coated wiring a metal power box (don't know the official name) 2 pole 3 wire 20 amp grounding outlet (2 plugs) 2 pole 3 wire 15 amp duplex receptacle...

View more questions Search