Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MeNdOniMe Posts: 40, Reputation: 3

Jun 20, 2007, 01:52 PM
    Best friend
    I have the best friend in the entire world!! We've never been accepted as just friends as everyone thinks that a lad and a girl can't be this close without something else going on! He's always there for me when I need him and he always protects me! So what is the problem your probably thinking?

Well he's amazing but he thinks we can be friends forever but I don't have the same optimism! He says that he will make sure he never loses me and that we will be together till we die! I don't think this will happen even though I would like it to. I don't want him to get hurt if we do get split up!

Do people think I'm being silly and that we will be friends for our whole lives? But if you think that it will ever last then do you have any ideas on how could get him to see sense and to stop him from being so upset?

Please help!
    MishcaParker Posts: 14, Reputation: 3

Jun 20, 2007, 02:03 PM
    Live life for today, you can't fortell the future and you can not live in it or you will miss out on the fun of today.
    victoria_mitchell Posts: 242, Reputation: 32

Jun 21, 2007, 12:35 PM
    First of all a guy and a girl can be life long friends. I have MANY guy friends that have been there since the beginning and I know will be there until the end.

When talking about being "friends forever" your friend is right when he says he'll never lose you. If you don't agree then at least when he says something like that say "I hope so" or "That's what I want to"

If you are as close as you say nothing and no one will ever take away your friendship. You may move away from each other, you may start hanging with differnet crowds, you may not talk as offten as you do now but you will still be friends. Things will change they always do but I know (and I'm sure you do too) that even if I don't talk to my best guy friend, I know that if I was on the other side of the world and I was in trouble I could call him and he would comfort me if nothing else and I would do the same for him.
    barbiechick123 Posts: 317, Reputation: 25

Jun 21, 2007, 12:44 PM
    Your friend probably has never had such a goodfriend like you and he probably thinks tyelling you and himself that will actually keep things like that, but only you and him can work together to stay in that friendship for as long as you guys would like. Honestly I say don't focus on what is going to happen, just live today and the next and see how things go, because who knows mabey you and him will fall apaprt or in many years you and him will still be visiting each other and talking like you do now. Don't sweat it, just be thankful that he's a good person and a reliable one too.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Friend makes fun of friend [ 15 Answers ]

My friend is always asking why we never hang out anymore.. He tells people that I ignore him. Well is this a good reason? Every time I'm around him or I talk to him he always brings up one of my flaws. He always makes fun of me about it and jokes about it. All my life I was teased about this yet he...

My best friend VS me [ 3 Answers ]

I have a best friend for life. We both like a guy named Anthony, she really likes him. I like him a lot. Most of Anthony's friends tell me that he likes my best friends, but most of my friends tell me that he likes me. I am in a love triangle. Some times he likes me and sometimes he is flirting...

Help for friend [ 2 Answers ]

Have a friend who had 1,500.00 in a savings account in another state. His last statement was received in May of 2002. When he tried to have the money transferred to his account here he was told it was not possible he needed to do it in person. He spent 300.00 on a plane ticket to go get his money...

Friend poached another friend! Advice? [ 11 Answers ]

I had never had this feeling before, but last summer I felt like one of my friends was poaching another, as in they were going to be friends with each other INSTEAD of me, not in addition to me. A series of events happened in a few days (friend #1 supposed to come early to help with my...

Best friend? [ 11 Answers ]

My 'best friend' is acting very strange. She has been for the past year or so. She is not some one easy to talk to but it seems that she has a problem with her friends and their boyfriends. For example my ex, we finished a month ago and I saw her last night trying in on with him. Also when we...

View more questions Search