Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    esquire1 Posts: 2,483, Reputation: 209
    Ultra Member

Jun 20, 2007, 10:59 AM
    Regulator
    On city water. House is 4 years old. Hoe can I increase water pressure at regulator? It has a tag on it say is is set at std. with range of 25-75. Do I lossen nut and turn srew ccw? Thanks
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jun 20, 2007, 03:32 PM
    As a rule You turn the adjusting screw down to reduce pressure and up to increase pressure. Good luck, Tom
    iamgrowler Posts: 1,421, Reputation: 110
    Ultra Member

Jun 20, 2007, 05:23 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by esquire1
    On city water. House is 4 years old. Hoe can I increase water pressure at regulator? It has a tag on it say is is set at std. with range of 25-75. Do I lossen nut and turn srew ccw? thanks
    Turn the bolt in to the regulator to increase the pressure -- Out to reduce it.

And be sure to snug up the nut when you are through to prevent the seats from chattering.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jun 21, 2007, 04:37 AM
    Perhaps we're talking about two different types of PVC valves Growler.
    . "If the adjustment collar is turned in the direction to reduce the compressed height of the springs, the spring load is increased, and the load produced by the piston is counteracted. The piston “diameter” is effectively reduced, and the valve pressure reduction ratio is decreased. The opposite effect is achieved by turning the adjustment collar to increase the spring height."
    This means to me that increasing the spring tension reducing pressure and reducing spring tension increases it. We don't have all that many PRV valves in our area but this is what I pulled off the net. Regards, Tom
    iamgrowler Posts: 1,421, Reputation: 110
    Ultra Member

Jun 21, 2007, 05:48 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by speedball1
    Perhaps we're talking about two differant types of PVC valves Growler.
    . "If the adjustment collar is turned in the direction to reduce the compressed height of the springs, the spring load is increased, and the load produced by the piston is counteracted. The piston “diameter” is effectively reduced, and the valve pressure reduction ratio is decreased. The opposite effect is achieved by turning the adjustment collar to increase the spring height."
    This means to me that increasing the spring tension reducing pressure and reducing spring tension increases it. We don't have all that many PRV valves in our area but this is what i pulled off the net. Regards, Tom
    If your description goes with the photo, then you're talking about a different animal altogether, Tom.

Your photo is of a cast wheeled Pressure Reducing Valve for larger sized (8" to 20") flanged water mains.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Shower regulator [ 2 Answers ]

I soldered the one handle type shower regulator in place. Turning the handle full hot, have plenty of flow. But the cold side is just a trickle. I do not see any adjustments on the regulator. Other cold water lines on the same path are fine. Bad regulator? Thanks

Fuel pressure regulator [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 1996 GMC sonoma, (4.3, Engine code W) How much of a project is it to change out the fuel pressure regulator ? Do I need to remove the intake manifold to get to it ?

Gas Regulator Freezing [ 4 Answers ]

Every three or four weeks the gas regulator for my furnace/hot water heater freezes and cuts off the gas supply. The gas company is excellent about dispatching a truck -- they drain the both the condensate leg under the regulator and the drip leg on the supply and usually push in a couple of...

Noisy draft regulator [ 4 Answers ]

I have a ThermoPride OH-5 oil furnace about 11 years old. The problem is , the draft regulator is extremely noisy. This occurs regardless of blower running or not, although it is worse when running. I do live on top of a small hill and it is quite windy here. My question is, is there anything that...

Adjusting Pressure Regulator [ 7 Answers ]

We've had pressure and flow problems for a while. Turn on a faucet it initially has good pressure but slowly tapers off, takes forever to fiill the tub or washer, etc. After contacting the City they came out and said we had 120 psi coming in at the main. They said we probably just needed to...

View more questions Search