Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    alshaymah Posts: 31, Reputation: 0

Jun 20, 2007, 09:27 AM
    Conserve Energy
    Hi :D
    Tomorrow I will have my final test :p
    Am so habby to finish this course. I think my grade will be B :rolleyes: <<<not bad for
    An art student.

Well my question is:

During very hot summer days we are often reminded to conserve energy. Isn't energy
    Conserved anyway, or this refers to something else? Explain :eek:
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Jun 20, 2007, 09:34 AM
    Yes, the physical principle that energy is conserved (neither created or destroyed), is very different from the term "energy conservation".

This means that you should be careful to not let energy go to waste, as this means more fuel has to be used and we pollute the atmosphere more and dig into our fuel supplies faster.

Jun 20, 2007, 09:49 AM
    :confused: I didn't got it

Can u explain more
    Uber Member

Jun 20, 2007, 09:56 AM
    Well, say you have a 60 watt bulb in your room that you use often, this means that every second that bulb is on it uses 60 joules of energy. If we put an energy saving bulb in that only uses 15 watts, we're using 15 joules per second. This is called energy conservation. You're using as little energy as you can.

Other types of energy conservation might be installing double glazing windows. This means that instead of having a single pane of glass in the window, you have 2 panes with a small air gap between them. The air gap is a poor conductor of heat, and so less heat from inside your house is conducted to the outside of the house, so you use less energy to heat your house because it's cooling down more slowly.

See?
    michealb Posts: 484, Reputation: 129

Jun 20, 2007, 10:01 AM
    Although energy is never lost it does change into a form where it is no longer usable to us. So we need to conserve energy in a form that we can use because once we use it, it changes into a form that we can't use again and is lost to us.

Jun 20, 2007, 10:14 AM
    michealb

Capuchin

Thank you for help but I have to think about it more:p

Can anybody tell me how I can rate your answers:confused:
    templelane Posts: 1,177, Reputation: 227
    Ultra Member

Jun 20, 2007, 10:31 AM
    It's the orange button with "rate this answer!" at the bottom of the post.
    This will take you to a screen where you can say if it was helpful or not helpful with a form to fill out why you thought this/ add a short comment about the post.

Don't rate it bad unless it is a genuinly bad answer like "pull all puppies tails it's fun" or you really disagree - otherwise it's just mean :(

Good luck in your test!
    ----------

As to the question - I'll try and say it another way as well - although the other answers were very good.

Energy changes form one form to another. You burn wood the chemical energy in the wood becomes light and heat energy - this energy still exists in the universe - but not in the wood anymore. This is what people mean by the energy is conserved.

However the wood is gone - your energy source has been used up. If you were running short on wood you would try and cut back on your usage - burn a couple of sticks not the whole log, blow out the fire when you weren't cooking. Keep sticks for later. This is what people mean by energy conservation. You are conserving (keeping) some energy (wood) for a different time.

Hope this helps

Jun 20, 2007, 10:40 AM
    I rated one of your answers before.
    But now I can't rate it any more. When I try I got this sentence

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Capuchin again.
    :confused:
    Uber Member

Jun 20, 2007, 10:43 AM
    You have to rate 5 people between rating me twice.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Potential Energy- Bonding Energy [ 1 Answers ]

Question: The net potential energy between two ions (e.g. Na+ andCl-) can be Represented as follows: EN =EA+ER = -A/r +B/rn (a) Calculate the bonding energy E0 in terms of the A, B, and n ...

Energy [ 2 Answers ]

Is the decomposition of gaseous dinitrogen pentoxide to gaseous nitrogen dioxide and oxygen exothermic or endothermic? How much energy is released or consumed if 11.0g of nitrogen pentoxide is completely decomposed as described?

Religion is what can conserve peace [ 36 Answers ]

Today all peoples are fighting for religion,this is true some fight with guns other with thoughts and some with their philosophy.a person who curse other in name of religion only right when other has stopped him or her to do their practice.the peoples who killed other in name of religion don't even...

Energy [ 3 Answers ]

What is band gap?

View more questions Search