Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    heavenlyangel835 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 14, 2005, 01:07 PM
    Drawing and naming structural diagrams
    I'm taking a correspondance chemistry course and have found myself stuck with these problems. Any and all help would be appreciated the more detailed the better though

kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Jul 27, 2005, 08:42 PM
    follow basic IUPAC rules

look for the longest carbon chain that contain the C=C

number positions to give lowest numbering possible

the double bond is high priority in this set so if at end of chain it gets #1 at terminal carbon... if in middle number to give it lowest number internally

so if you learned alkane nomenclature, and you should have by this time in the course, the only diff is that the C=C is high priority and instread of -and ending you use -ene ending.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Engineering drawing [ 3 Answers ]

Short question and answer about engineering drawing

Anime! Need help drawing it! [ 5 Answers ]

Can any one gimme a site that teaches you how to draw anime style? Nothing that makes you pay just sites that are for free? Sites that give you tutorials? Anything would be great thanks!:D

Help naming a character... again [ 4 Answers ]

Isabelle: from 1800’s, known as the towns reader. Always found in the book store, she is oblivious to many things. __________: Main Character: 2005, Known as the new girl even after 2 months of being in school. Witty and not very number smart prefers reading, loves books. She can be goofy at...

Switch naming conventions [ 2 Answers ]

What are Switch naming conventions? If you could please direct me to a website that explains it that would be great or explian it to me that would also be great. I tried Google but always end up with some company.

WWW Naming [ 2 Answers ]

Ok in WWW naming why is the Top Level Domain for England .co.uk and the TLD for say Germany just .de?? Surely it should be .co.de for country germany?? Any ideas people

View more questions Search