Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    krodkey Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 14, 2005, 01:06 PM
    High Speed Blower motor
    I have a Pulse 21 gas single zone forced air furnace. The blower motor is supposed to have 3 speeds. Right now everything works but when I turn on my AC the blower uses the same speed that it does for heat. Could there be something wrong or do I just need to rewire something?
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Jun 14, 2005, 01:17 PM
    That is an area I haven't gotten into yet. A 3 speed motor usually has 2 different windings. You have the choice of one, the other, or both for the highest speed. Often the speeds are selected by placement of jumpers on the control board. The different speeds may be used to customize the blower for different duct systems. You should be able to identify the leads to the 2 windings and jumper power to each one and see if they both work. If they both work, then you would need to study the installation manual to determine which wires go where for the best operation. It may be the current set up will best meet your needs.

Jun 14, 2005, 01:21 PM
    So the speed setting is a manual setting and the call for the blower motor from the thermostat will always produce the same speed no matter if the heat or ac is on.
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Jun 14, 2005, 02:12 PM
    More complex furnace controls have jumpers to provide different speeds. The blower on my furnace has a fat bundle of wires going to it with who knows how many speeds. It uses a higher speed for the air conditioning. Since mine doesn't seem to be broke, I haven't worked on it. I am sure in different climates, the furnace and air volume needs vary. More restrictive ducts would also call for higher speeds.

Jun 14, 2005, 03:21 PM
    Do you know of any resources to obtain Lennox installation manuals?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hampton Bay Fan No High Speed [ 5 Answers ]

I have a remote only Hampton Bay fan, everything works except the high speed, it worked last year.:confused:

High speed internet [ 11 Answers ]

I am pondering what kind of high speed internet to get for my computer. I am currently working with a dial up connection and would like to know what kind of high speed hook up I can use to my advantage. I am primarily using the connection for downloading music off Limewire. Love my music so give...

High Speed Dail-Up [ 8 Answers ]

The New York Times reported on BPL. Internet over the power lines on Oct17,2005. I have been told that the next big thing is high speed dial-up. What keeping the FCC from granting faster modem speeds? How fast can dial-up go? I have not been able to find any information on this subject. Thanks in...

Ceiling fan high speed [ 1 Answers ]

I reinstalled a ceiling fan from the basement. When it was down there all 3 speeds worked fine. Now that I've reinstalled it upstairs, it only runs on high speed. The are 4 wires from the fan, white black blue and green. Green is ground, blue is for the light, white neutral and black hot. 3...

View more questions Search