Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Brenda16 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 20, 2007, 07:31 AM
    Persuasive essay
    I am having trouble coming up with a thesis statement ,there has been so many essays done on this subject can anyone give me some ideas.The topic Is Outsourcing jobs To Foreign Countries:confused:
    Superfly999 Posts: 235, Reputation: 14

Jun 20, 2007, 07:51 AM
    Funny, I answered someone asking how to write an opening question for this subject like a week ago. Here is what I wrote on that subject (this if for how to write a question to this subject not the thesis statement, I will get to that after I copy/paste the thing I wrote over the how to write a question for this):

Of course you can turn it into a question. You just have to think of "what I want the essay to lean more towards". You didn't put what direction you were going to go with (there are a few different ways you can send your essay to head in). What I think you should post as a question or opening sentence is probably something around the lines of "Why is outsourcing to foregin countries important to our economy" or "What impact does outsourcing to foregin countries have on our country". Hope these can help you but I would try to find the best question you can think of to set up your essay to be meaningful so you can add a lot of detail to make the length a little longer WITHOUT fillers.

This should help you start your topic. Of course, I really don't want you to do exactly what I posted above because I want you to make it "your paper"; so take some time and try to come up with a better question to start with then above. As for the thesis statement try to put in a sentence an answer to the question you choose (summarize what your essay is going to be about but answer that question at the same time). I know this was kind of a round trip over the question you asked but I am trying to help you come up with one on your own instead of flat out giving you one :). Also, there are a few tips on making your essay good in the answer to "how to make a question" statement I wrote above. Hope this helps and if you need any more help if this wasn't good enough don't be afraid to ask.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Persuasive and objective essay [ 3 Answers ]

How can you treat the subject of your essay objectively while still trying to persuade readers of your point of view?

Persuasive essay [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I'm felicia and I want to know Ho can you treat the subject of your essay objectively while still trying to persuade readers of your point of view?

Trying to do an essay [ 5 Answers ]

Compare two specific articles of the Magna Carta with articles or amendments found in the U.S. Constitution help me someone please.

Effective persuasive writing [ 3 Answers ]

Hi class I am new and I really need help with my on line classs bad:eek: :eek:

Effective Persuasive writing [ 2 Answers ]

How can I treat the subject of an essay objectively while still trying to persuade readers of my point of view?

View more questions Search