Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    garrettgyrlz Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 19, 2007, 09:21 PM
    Sudden father appearance
    So my ex-boyfriend left me when I was 20 weeks pregnant because I refused an abortion. His name is not on her birth certificate. Our daughter is now 2 1/2 years old. He wants to see her and take her out (at his convenience). We do not have a cusody order or visitation schedule in place yet. I have let him come in the house to be with her. He has seen her 4 times. He expects me to now let him take her out and away from my home. I am more comfortable with them establishing a relationship in our current situation as I do not know his level of commitment and trust with her. I give them time alone when he has been here. At this point in time, am I legally required to let him take her for an outing? Thank you!
    vlee Posts: 454, Reputation: 109

Jun 19, 2007, 10:19 PM
    No. Without a court order or custody agreement, you are not required to send your daughter anywhere. Let him sue for a paternity test if he wants to prove his relationship to her.
    Chelle0578 Posts: 11, Reputation: 2

Jun 20, 2007, 06:34 AM
    Vlee is absolutely correct, you do not have to let him near your child until the court orders you to do so. If he is serious about developing a relationship with you daughter he can petition the courts for such. But once he does so, plan for overnights in due time... it is almost impossible to avoid. Good Luck!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Windows xp style appearance [ 1 Answers ]

I can't get the xp style buttons back on my desktop, the xp choice has disappeared from the drop-down lists in the "display properties" window. It used to be there, don't know where it went. Help. noboat

Theft under $5000 - first appearance [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I'm a 21 year old living in Ontario. I was caught shoplifting at a grocery chainstore, and the police charged me for Theft Under $5000 and gave me a notice of appearance set for April. I have contacted a lawyer for advice, who told me that since it was my first offence, it is very likely that I...

Legal service for court appearance [ 1 Answers ]

My mother and I are named in a legal suite pertaining to a will. My mother was served by a person. I am out of the country and haven't been served. We are wondering if my mother has to appear

Court Appearance / Warrant [ 2 Answers ]

I have to appear in court before a judge because I am working with JG Wentworth for a settlement purchase and the next step is to get a approval from a judge. I was wondering what the chances are of being arrested when I show for court. My warrant is an another county over 50 miles, and I may have...

New appearance [ 2 Answers ]

I am a young man. To participate in an special ceremony, I want to change my appearance to a young lady. How can I do this, step by step and what tip is good for me? You can see my pic too. Thank you

View more questions Search