Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    meecy12 Posts: 133, Reputation: 2

Jun 19, 2007, 08:07 PM
    Why am I stick thin?
    I'm fifteen and have been trying to gain wait because I was under. I've gained 7 pounds. Why am I still stick thin??
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 19, 2007, 08:51 PM
    Other girls would kill to be thin. You can wear stripes across, you can wear big prints, you can wear light colors, you can wear layered tops like what is so fashionable now, you can experiment with jewelry and makeup and look cute, not grotesque. You can wear your hair any way you want and not have to worry about fat cheeks or a double chin.

You're only 15. I predict in a few years you will be a gorgeous, long-legged babe. If you put on too much weight now and develop bad eating habits, in a few years you could look and feel pretty awful.
    LadyB Posts: 320, Reputation: 42

Jun 19, 2007, 09:14 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by meecy12
    I'm fifteen and have been trying to gain wait because i was under. I've gained 7 pounds. why am i still stick thin??!?!
    Genetics and metabolism. My nickname was "Da Bones" until I was in my 20's, then my metabolism slowed down and I gained weight... but I never learned to eat right because I never worried about gaining so it bit me in the butt.

Just eat really nutritious foods, about 2000 calories a day, and exercise, and accept whatever your natural healthy size is.
    EllieBrown Posts: 50, Reputation: 5

Jun 20, 2007, 06:05 AM
    I know a few girls who were extremely thin and then college began and they finally grew up and their bodies were amazing! Everyone was suddenly jealous... and when I remember how I used to be like "Holy cow, that girl is so skinny" but now I always think "Yeah, no fair." Haha!
    kristynn Posts: 502, Reputation: 66

Jun 20, 2007, 06:05 AM
    Don't worry about it. Be proud of it! :)

I assume it's genetics and you have a small frame. There's not much you can do about it if you eat well and enough and also exercise.

I bet that in a few years you won't 'complain' about being stick thin anymore. I used to be skinny too...
    mrssittingduck Posts: 151, Reputation: 24

Jun 20, 2007, 06:25 AM
    I know why I was stick thin and sometimes there are underlying medical problems as I found out, for years and years I just thought it was the way I suppost to have been , then I requested the doctors help when I was 16 and he did a blood test as I had other problems with sleep and eyes etc, he diagnosed me with graves disease which is a metabolism disorder..

However some people are naturally thin and should not worry too much about that, I appreciate the name calling can get bad (been their ) then there are people going around saying you have anorexia and watch you like a hawk..

The best thing to do is if you get seriously worried have a word with the doctor, you don't say what your actual weight or height is so it is impossible to tell if you are underweight in comparison to your height...
    Take it easy and enjoy yourself for now, don't get bad eating habbits i.e. not eating enough or even eating too much , don't bother with a weight on diet, just eat normally as you usually would, 3 meals a day...
    If when you get a bit older or you have problems with periods or anything then speak with the doctor and see if their can be an underlying problem
    jillianleab Posts: 1,194, Reputation: 279
    Ultra Member

Jun 20, 2007, 08:23 AM
    Do you have a similar frame to your parents (when they were your age, that is)? If so, it's probably genetics, as has been mentioned.

My mom didn't weigh over 100lbs until she got pregnant for the first time, and I only hit that mark sooner because I'm taller than her. I've noticed since I entered my 20's that my weight seems to have redistributed; I've not put on a lot more weight but I don't look as stick-thin as I used to.

Have you calculated your BMI? Calculate your BMI - Standard BMI Calculator You might not be as underweight as you think!

Hang in there, eat right, exercise and you should be fine!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Why is my dog is too thin [ 8 Answers ]

My doberman is only 2 and she has a healthy appetite but she has always been so thin. You can see her bones. Our other doberman is 1 and she is not skinny at all, they eat the same food at the same times. Why is my 2 yr old so skinny. She doesn't have worms or any other other health issues...

Thin Dog [ 3 Answers ]

My Springer spaniel will be 2 this month. He is fairly active and eats well, however he is quite thin. You can see the outline of his ribs although they do not blatantly stick out. Both his parents were sleek dogs, is this normal or should I be worried? He was wormed approximately 4 weeks ago

Thin skin [ 1 Answers ]

Hi. I have thin skin.. and my veins are showing and my face. Can I use aha/glycolic products for a long period??

Thin Ends [ 1 Answers ]

I Am Trying To Get My Hair Growing But My Ends Are So Thin What Can I Do?

Eyebrows too thin [ 1 Answers ]

Dear madam... iam 21 yrs old ,my eyebrow hair is too thin... one of my friend suggested me to shave it off so that it will grow thicker... is that true.plz do help me out

View more questions Search