Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rockerchick_682 Posts: 496, Reputation: 72

Jun 19, 2007, 07:44 PM
    Babysitting Ad
    So I'm trying to write a babysitting ad, but I don't know what to put on it, just list off good things about me or what? I'm an honors kid I volunteer, blah blah blah:confused:
    nauticalstar420 Posts: 3,699, Reputation: 423
    Ultra Member

Jun 19, 2007, 07:46 PM
    That exactly what you should do. If you have any experience babysitting, put that. Talk about your honors and your volunteer work. It makes you look very upstanding and responsible. :)
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Jun 19, 2007, 09:34 PM
    Are you certified in CPR and First Aid? Have you taken a Babysitting Course and gotten that certificate? That is important information for parents to know. Great that you are an honor student, but if you freak at the sight of a cut and do not know what to do, then who is going to help you? What are your hours of availability? Would you consider providing care to a special needs child?

What kinds of things do you feel is important in providing childcare? Do you know what developmentally appropriate activities mean? What about personal strengths such as patience, understanding, caring, trustworthy, knowing how to set a limit and stick to it? Meal preparation? If you had to call 911, How would you handle that? Have you ever administered anb over the counter or prescription medication before?

Check into taking a babysitting course. They are usually offered through your local Red Cross or the hospital, maybe even check with your Social Services agency and speak to someone who licenses daycares.

Good luck in your venture. Also, when a parent asks a question you do not know the answer to, just say that, "I don't know the answer but I am more than willing to learn."
    rockerchick_682 Posts: 496, Reputation: 72

Jun 19, 2007, 09:54 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by shygrneyzs
    Are you certified in CPR and First Aid? Have you taken a Babysitting Course and gotten that certificate? That is important information for parents to know. Great that you are an honor student, but if you freak at the sight of a cut and do not know what to do, then who is going to help you? What are your hours of availablility? Would you consider providing care to a special needs child?

What kinds of things do you feel is important in providing childcare? Do you know what developmentally approrpriate activities mean? What about personal strengths such as patience, understanding, caring, trustworthy, knowing how to set a limit and stick to it? Meal preparation? If you had to call 911, How would you handle that? Have you ever administered anb over the counter or prescription medication before?

Check into taking a babysitting course. They are usually offered through your local Red Cross or the hospital, maybe even check with your Social Services agency and speak to someone who licenses daycares.

Good luck in your venture. Also, when a parent asks a question you do not know the answer to, just say that, "I don't know the answer but I am more than willing to learn."
    I took a babysitting course at the Y, they didn't teach us CPR, it was something close to that though. But thank you, I'll think of all that. I've worked with a lot of kids volunteering so I've learned a lot about setting limits and developmentally appropriate activities, um no idea really. But I guess that means getting the kids out of the house and not sitting on their butts all day. Meal preparation- who can't make mac and cheese? But yeah I'm sure I'll get emergency numbers, cell phone, poison control, yeah I can call 911, I'll have the address
    amberjustin Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 23, 2010, 01:31 PM
    I need some ideas on making a babysitter ad by myself do you have any ideas please help me I only have 2 kids to babysitt!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Babysitting [ 2 Answers ]

Can you tell me how old a child has to be to legally babysit in Ontario

How much should I charge for babysitting? [ 18 Answers ]

I recently stared babysitting my friends 18 mo old boy for 3 hrs a day. I really helped her out of a jam, because her other babysitter bailed. So far she said she would pay me whatever tips she made in that time. (She's a Barista) Every thing is working well so she's going to have me be her...

Babysitting Classes [ 4 Answers ]

I want to take babysitting classes but I don't know where I could possibly take them.I am really lost in where I should go. PLEASE HELP ME!!

Babysitting Trouble [ 1 Answers ]

Okay so I'm babysitting this 6-7 minth old little boy and he looked so tired when he was drinking his bottle... now I put him in his crib and he doesn't seem tired... what do I do?? Do I get him.. or let him cry!:confused:

View more questions Search