Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pompano Posts: 293, Reputation: 40

Jun 19, 2007, 07:22 PM
    Cyst in son's brain
    Does anyone have information on the effects of a cyst in a child's brain.My son has a walnut size cyst in the top of his brain.He has a significant delay in speech,and shows signs of developing OCD.please share your thoughts with me.:
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jun 19, 2007, 07:27 PM
    The doctor has told you he has a cyst on his brain?

A GP, neurologist?
    pompano Posts: 293, Reputation: 40

Jun 19, 2007, 07:54 PM
    My son had a cat scan a year ago because he fell and hit his head.the cat scan showed a cyst not related to his fall. The neurosurgen said not to worry,usually these cyst cause no trouble.I still wonder if this could be causing his problems with speech.
    Xrayman Posts: 1,177, Reputation: 193
    Ultra Member

Jun 19, 2007, 08:54 PM
    The location may be related to delayed speech as you say it is on top, however the speech area is located further down brocas area or he may have pressure along the motor cortex which is around the area of the cyst.

This may help you.

Speech and the Brain

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cyst On The Side Of My Penis [ 7 Answers ]

About 8 Months Ago I Found A Lump On The Side Of My Penis Like A Wart But It Just Seems To Be Skin It Doesn't Hurt Its Just Like A Extension Of Skin Of The Penis It Doesn't Weep Or Anything Im Quite Worried But Im A Bit Embaressed To Go To The Docs Any Ideas

Cyst on my gums [ 2 Answers ]

On Sunday I noticed that my gums were feeling kind of "mushy" for lack of better term. By Sunday night to the left of my front tooth my gums were extremely red, and there was a visible bump. Monday morning the "bump" was big enough that I can feel it past the base of my nose and as wide as the...

Brain Cramp [ 1 Answers ]

Can you help jar my memory with this one? There was a black male artist whom I first saw on Video Soul hosted by Donnie Simpson during the 80's or 90's. I cannot remember the song title or artist's name. He had dreadlocks and sang this slow song by a swimming pool. I believe this was a one hit...

Cyst on my pituary gland what is it [ 1 Answers ]

The dr said I have a cyst on my pituary gland so what am I going to experience with this and what is a pituary gland

Ovarian Cyst [ 3 Answers ]

Well I was just diagonosed with an ovarian cyst...and the doctor said that it has already ruptured...does anyone know if this could cause a problem getting pregnant?:confused: ..or if this is something I should be really worried about?:( ..One doctor told me that after it ruptured the pain should...

View more questions Search