Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    doesSheLoveme Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Jun 19, 2007, 04:41 PM
    Why me ?
    Hey I just broken up with my ex girlfriend (she broken up with me )of a year and a half and I feels as though she totally forgotten about me and I'm a no one to her.it seems as if we never new each other at all.Today I seen her at school she was by herself we made eye contact and then both looked away from each other I just want to know if she's thinks about me me ever ? And why I can't get over her but she can get over me so quickly? There's always a part of me that wants to get back with her and I know that's bad. But is there any part of her that wants to get back with me?.

Also I want to know when is it a good time to start looking for other females because now I look at girls and they don't interested me and only girl who does interested me is my ex girlfriend is that normal? And does she feel the same as me ?
    momincali Posts: 641, Reputation: 242

Jun 19, 2007, 04:52 PM
    You didn't really give a lot of information, who broke it off and why. It could be that your ex is trying to protect herself from any pain by keeping her distance, not communicating and so forth. It could be that she simply is at a point where she doesn't know exactly what she wants and feels the need to be apart to think things over. I think you'll know when it's time to meet other girls. If you're not attracted to them right now, that's okay, you just got out of a long term relationship and it's not a good idea to rush things. Get busy with your friends, sports, healthy stuff. Don't do anything silly like drink or get in trouble to try and forget about her, it doesn't work. Know that this happens to people all the time, you just need to get busy and be patient, good things come to those who wait.
    Copperhead6 Posts: 132, Reputation: 51

Jun 19, 2007, 10:12 PM
    You can start looking at girls as soon as you are capable. As far as she goes she is probably looking at you trying to avoid you. She broke up, your fair game, if she's interested you'll know it. The one thing that drives me crazy are the guys on here that are wondering what the women are thing, there is nothing in the world that could be more unattractive to a woman... or a man... for that matter, move on for now buddy unless she comes at you.
    huno Posts: 336, Reputation: 75

Jun 19, 2007, 10:23 PM
    Start looking at girls NOW. Flirt with them, hang out with them, etc. Do it ASAP. It can only end well for you:

1) if you flirt with other girls, it'll help get over your ex and you're likely to meet someone good enough (or better) to replace her; or
    2) if she sees you with other girls, she'll be jealous and try to win you back.

It's win-friggin'-win.
    emopunk7 Posts: 1,052, Reputation: 161
    Ultra Member

Jun 20, 2007, 06:38 AM
    Huno... That's the biggest problem... What if they are about to come back and as soon as they do they find you flirting with another girl or dating another and they get upset and never come back? That's what keeps me from dating.
    huno Posts: 336, Reputation: 75

Jun 20, 2007, 08:14 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by emopunk7
    Huno...That's the biggest problem...What if they are about to come back and as soon as they do they find you flirting with another girl or dating another and they get upset and never come back? That's what keeps me from dating.
    Ah... now see, that highlights a common misconception: that girls are automatically put off by competition.

It doesn't work that way. Girls love guys who are taken; it's a well-known fact. University studies have shown that women are more attracted to guys who are taken than any other type of man.

Why? Well, preliminary test results show that the logic works thusly:

1) Girl sees guy; feels nothing.
    2) Girl sees guy with other girl; feels jealousy, then resolves her feelings with logic as follows in step 3.
    3) Girl thinks "Oh, he's taken; therefore she must like him. Therefore, there must be something good about him that I should have! How the hell do I get this bra off?!"
    4) Girl strips off all clothing and sleeps with guy.

Note: sometimes step 3 is skipped entirely.

Ok, all that BS aside, jealousy works very well in attracting women. Girls want what they can't have. They want to have it all and they want to be the one with the most attractive guy. If you saw one of your exes with another guy, you might feel a tinge of envy and that would foment into full-blown jealousy. Girls are especially susceptible to this.

Plus, it's not just jealousy, it's the concept of perceived value. You wouldn't believe how much more attention I get whenever I'm seen with a girl. They want things others perceive as valuable. If they know a lot of girls like a particular guy, they then think there must be something worthwhile about him and so they try and go for him.

Rarely--and I mean RARELY--are they put off by the thought of you dating another girl. So get out there and find someone else. You'll win no matter what happens.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jun 21, 2007, 05:15 PM
    And does she feel the same as me ?
    Quote Originally Posted by emopunk7
    Huno... That's the biggest problem... What if they are about to come back and as soon as they do they find you flirting with another girl or dating another and they get upset and never come back? That's what keeps me from dating.
    After a year it safe to assume they ain't coming back, what you and the poster have is being stuck, scared to move forward, get over the fear and you can move forward and forget the past.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search