Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sheila25 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 19, 2007, 03:23 PM
    Father Signing off Rights
    I was going to have the father of my two children sign off his parental rights. They don't know who he is, they believe that someone else is their dad. He keeps telling me that I need to be married in order for him to sign up. Is this true? He paid child support for one child for about a year and then I shut it off because I was only getting $25 a month. He has never seen my other child and she is almost 2 years old. Neither child has anyone listed on their birth certificate, it says "father unknown." I guess I'm not sure what I need to do!
    s2tp Posts: 299, Reputation: 61

Jun 19, 2007, 04:04 PM
    What do you think is best for your children? Do you want this man t be part of their life? Or would you rather the man who they think is their dad take the role?

As far as I know, the father can sign over his rights at anytime- this only gives him no choice in any legal decisions involving the children, but he is still obligated to pay child support if you push for it.

I am not an expert on this, and only know from other threads I have read here. Hopefully someone else will be able to give you a more affirmative answer.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Signing over rights what can we do [ 13 Answers ]

My husband is being served with child support papers and he hasn't seen the child since he was born because she ran him off and told him to leave and not come back now she is wanting child support we are wondering if there is anyway he can just give up all his rights and that be the end of it...

Signing away my rights? [ 71 Answers ]

I am an 18 yr old male in Michigan . I got my ex girlfriend pregnant right before we broke up. She refuses to get an abortion because she really hates me and wants to do this as revenge in her own words she wants to "take me for every dollar i have" . I have offered to pay for an abortion and she...

Signing over rights [ 5 Answers ]

My boyfriend signed over his rights last December and his ex's new husband adopted the little girl. He still had to pay child support, which the state of AZ took out of his paychecks, all the way up until a few months ago. His work finally received letters stating that the child support was...

Signing rights away [ 3 Answers ]

Hello I'm asking on how to sign my right away I am the father and I don't get to see my kids much and have to pay a lot of money for childsupport which I'm behind on and now they want to thow me in jail when I'm trying. So I would like to just sign my rights away. She is married now and my kids...

View more questions Search