Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    calover16m Posts: 41, Reputation: 3

Jun 25, 2007, 02:27 AM
    You do not have to practice the shinto religion to have compassion, devotion, and respect. Christians are supposed to have good qualities too.
    nikki_22 Posts: 63, Reputation: 10

Sep 15, 2007, 02:07 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Religousman3
    I am a Christian. I worship both God and Jesus Christ everday of my life ever since I could remember. I am highly fascinated and intrigued by the Japanese culture and i recently researched the "Shinto" Religion, along with my own deeply. I still want to practice Chrstianity but I also want to practice the same form of respect, self-respect, compassion, and devotion as the Shinto Religion. In the Shinto religion they believe in a spiritual essence (or "Kami") that resides both living and non-living things and that you should respect all things whether they are living or non-living. Also when they eat a meal that contains meat in which the lifeform was killed in order to make the meal, you say "I will humbly accept this food in which you have prepared for me" In regards of respect to the preperator and the animal that lost it's life for the meal. And also with the whole "Killing Others" deal, they only kill in order to protect others and not themselves. Is this rational and respectful towards my own religion?

One last question: I want to travel to different countries someday and expierience multiple cultures. Do you think I could particapate in a religous/cultural ceremony or festival (If that culture allows me to) that follows a religion that I don't but just for enlightment and expierience?
    Shinto is very similar to ancient Judaism. Scientists have found that the Japanese share amazingly similar DNA to the Jews. There is a theory that Shinto is a form of judaism and that the japanese are one of the lost tribes of Israel. There are many similarities, especially in formal ceremonies like weddings and funerals. Most japanese will tell you that Shinto is not considered a religion. It is more a set of beliefs to live life by. There are people of many religious backgrounds in Japan who practice Shinto.
    Participating in other religious ceremonies is not wrong. As long as you hold your beliefs in your heart, you are fine. There are many ways to praise God and rejoice . God would want you to share your religion with others and he would want you to allow them to share theirs with you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Christianity against Astronomy? [ 21 Answers ]

I want to know why was christianity against astronomy?

Christianity [ 19 Answers ]

How has Christianity, a faith based on the teachings of one text (the Bible), divided into so many denominations?

One child, two different cultures? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi everyone. My name is Christina and I am Bella's mom. We live in Georgia.:) My question is when married to someone of a ompletely different culture, how do you raise your childern to have some of both cultures?::confused:

Re. Christianity [ 3 Answers ]

What is the effect of occultism and blood shedding to christianity? What are the manisfestation of these to the family nowaday? And how will you cut this cycle?:)

Different Types of Christianity? [ 4 Answers ]

Does anyone have any idea where I will be able to find a simple chart or table of some kind to see exactly what the differences are between the various types of Christianity, including Baptist, Evangelical, Methodist, Orthodox etc. I am a Christian but am intrigued as to see the exact...

View more questions Search