Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    caz280 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 19, 2007, 01:18 PM
    Pay rise
    Hey, does anyone know if there is a law about payrises. Such as its been 6 years since someone I know had one even though they have been with the same employer for at least 20 years. Any feedback would be gratefully received.
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Jun 19, 2007, 01:31 PM
    There is no law that requires raises. Your friend works for his employer under his own free will. I would think that he could make a strong argument with his boss that a raise is due, given that over the past 6 years the cost of living has gone up about 25%. If that doesn't get results, he can always leave.
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Jun 19, 2007, 01:34 PM
    There is nothing to stipulate or mandate that the employer has to give a raise. The employer is required to pay the minimum wage and even then, there are exceptions. Now if the employee is a contract employee, there might be some language in the contract about raises.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Doctor bill. Pay or not pay [ 5 Answers ]

I was working through workers comp claim. I was sent by my Dr to a Dr to treat me for depression. After I received a bill from the Psychologist telling me that my insurance was not paying for the bill and that it was my responsibility to pay her, I then stopped seeing her. Now I am being taken to...

Who is it better to pay? [ 2 Answers ]

A attorney for a collection agency got me the validation of several medical bills. So who is it better to pay? The attorney, the collection agency or the original medical places? I would like to pay the original medical places, and send a letter to the attorney and collection agency saying that...

Pay [ 2 Answers ]

Can an employer change your wage every time he desides he wants to like take you off your pay and change it to piece work, and than change it to a forced sub contractor and say your making too much money so now you can no longer be a sub and put you back on hourly

This woman is trying to get a rise out of me [ 8 Answers ]

Ok, we're both new hires, the chick is hot and single. And I'm hot and single. We both know it. I express no interest in her what so ever. She complains to me about her failed relatinoships and how she's given up on men. Im the nicest guy she's ever met (I think that's the problem). I...

View more questions Search