Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    90LXHonda Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 19, 2007, 08:05 AM
    90 Honda auto trans
    I have a '90 Honda accord LX I just bought. The Sport light comes on and stays lit even when it is in normal mode. The car does not shift out until you drive the car slow for a while and then the light has been going off and it shifts perfect like normal. Any ideas on what is wrong.
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Jun 19, 2007, 09:52 AM
    When the "S" indicator light has been reported on, connect the two terminals of the Service Check Connector together. Then turn on the ignition switch and observe the "S" indicator light. Problem codes 1 through 9 are indicated by individual short blinks, Problem codes 10 through 15 are indicated by a series of long and short blinks.

It's a good policy to always change all fluids, when you buy a used vehicle.
    unclebob61 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 29, 2007, 08:43 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by 90LXHonda
    I have a '90 Honda accord LX I just bought. The Sport light comes on and stays lit even when it is in normal mode. The car does not shift out until you drive the car slow for a while and then the light has been going off and it shifts perfect like normal. Any ideas on what is wrong.
    Having this problem too occasionally. Just seems to correct itself
    Yet a good mechanic 'reset' the computer a month ago and went
    Away but is coming back once in a while and does go away again.

What and where are the connecting terminals to touch you mention?

Thanks.. bob long island [email protected]

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1990 Honda Civic DX Auto Trans Idle Issue [ 3 Answers ]

I just got allot of work done on my Honda (new battery, tune-up, oil change, frans flush, radiator flush, ect). The car sat for a while with a broken axel, and drum. All this work is complete, but my question is this. What would cause the idle to stick (I think between 1.5K and 2k.. I have no...

Auto trans interlock system [ 1 Answers ]

Didn't help me I have a Ford F-350 4x4 Diesel truck the Honda is a little Different but thanks for the prompted reply

91 honda crx trans lever thingy [ 4 Answers ]

I have done a lot of stuff BUT one thing I never done before was take a trans and install it on new motor, So I got the new clutch kit and installed it correctly with watchful eye of a better knower friend. I installed the new throw out bearing on the spline on trans and it's a CABLE driven trans....

94 civic auto trans problem [ 1 Answers ]

Hi- I don't know much about cars. I recently bought a 94 honda civic dx with automatic transmission, it has 44,000 miles but I don't believe those. I'm having issues speeding up and when gears change I get a kick. I feel that something is definitely wrong with the transmission. Any ideas what in...

View more questions Search