Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    LynetteA Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 19, 2007, 03:31 AM
    Clicking in the ear
    Hi There
    I have a clicking sound in my right ear that occurs when I swallow. This is accompanied by a build up of pressure that is only released if I yawn or block my nose and blow (similar to equalising when you are diving). I have had this problem for the last 4 years and have been treated with cortisone injections in the nose and throat, cortisone tablets, nerve tables and decongestants - none of which helped.
    The noise and pressure are now starting in my left ear.
    Is there anything out there that I can try to stop this irritating noise?
    cal823 Posts: 867, Reputation: 116

Jun 19, 2007, 03:47 AM
    Lol, my right ear clicks when I swallow too, but not all the time, I've never thought anything of it.
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Jun 19, 2007, 04:23 AM
    That sounds normal to me... :/ The pressure buildup probably less so but it does happen sometimes..

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Clicking in Left ear? [ 26 Answers ]

Hello, I am wondering if anyone can tell me why I have a clicking in my ear. I already have a hearing loss in both ears, wear hearing aids, have buzzing tinits. And now I am experiencing a Click. I talked to my hearing doc and she has no indication of what would cause this. My family...

Clicking in left ear [ 3 Answers ]

I Have Suffered From Stress Recently But I Overcame A Lot Of Problems Now I Am Getting Clicking In My Left Ear And Also Headaches , Could This Be Due To The Stress Or Could I Have Damaged My Ears As I Work With Earphones On ?

Clicking left ear and then some [ 3 Answers ]

I was recently diagnosed with bulging discs and pinched nerves in my cerival spine. My symptoms were what I like to call my funky head pains. Sensitive areas on top of my head and also the base of my head and of course pain in my neck. I was put on steroids which did nothing (but make me gain 7...

Clicking Valve [ 6 Answers ]

I didn't drive my car for 3 or more weeks. When I started it, I heard a valve clicking and immediately turned it off. A car mechanic advised me to add about one-half quart of marvel mystery oil and run the car five minutes. I did and, unfortunately, the clicking continued. What now? Should I...

View more questions Search