Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jase17uk Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jun 12, 2005, 02:56 PM
    Shower Pump position problem?
    I am not sure on one thing, is it possible to install a 2 bar shower pump in the loft that is above the shower head? As the cold water is fed from septic tank in the loft so the cold water will be above the pump by 30cm or so and the hot water is coming from storage tank below it say 1m or 2m below the pump... will I get stable and equal water pressure from hot and cold water?
    Flickit Posts: 278, Reputation: 2

Jun 13, 2005, 04:22 AM
    Try reposting this...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jase17uk
    I am not sure on one thing, is it possible to install a 2 bar shower pump in the loft that is above the shower head? as the cold water is fed from septic tank in the loft so the cold water will be above the pump by 30cm or so and the hot water is coming from storage tank below it say 1m or 2m below the pump... will I get stable and equal water pressure from hot and cold water?
    ... question in the Plumbing forum for a quick answer. May want to be ready to explain how a septic tank feeds cold water to a shower?
    dherman1 Posts: 129, Reputation: 10

Aug 11, 2005, 07:08 AM
    UK'er question
    Greetings,

From your post, it looks like you are from the UK. When you repost this on the plumbing site, you may want to explain a few things.

To us here in the colonies, a septic tank is a place you direct water to AFTER taking a shower.

Also, mention that the reason you are putting in a pump is that in the UK, there isn't tha much water pressure so the water comes into the house/flat and is stored until it is needed. Kind of like your own water tower storage tank.

Regardless, make sure that the mixing valve you install is pressure compensated. This type of fixture senses when one side has lower pressure and reduces the flow on the other side (cold or hot) to prevent scalding, or freezing.

Will the pump feed the whole system orjust the shower? Is there a pump on the hot side already?

Good Luck and cheerio.

Dan

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Booster Pump Problem [ 1 Answers ]

OR, by email: Mailto:[email protected] This is the message: Hi Tom: My internet service was turned off a couple days before I left Grenada. As a Result I had not seen your latest comments on the pump as it presently exists.

Heat Pump compressor fan problem [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Trane XE 1000 heat pump manuf. In 2002. Yesterday, the A/C started having a problem, I checked the units inside and out and found the compressor fan not operating. The outside unit was hot and louder than usual. I turned it off overnight and this morning turned it on to find the fan...

Pump Problem [ 10 Answers ]

Dcobb New member join date: jun 2006 Posts: 0 Wellsaver tank -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hi speedball1 i have a question for you. I have a well saver 56 gallon pump tank and i'm having some trouble. It's hooked to a one horse...

Well pump problem [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I bought a house with a well. And the well does not seem to function. Is there a way to diagonose the pump problem? I can see the voltage is applied to the pump. The pressure trigger is at the "on" position since the metal leads touch the base and I measured the voltage on the wires...

Shower Pump position problem? [ 2 Answers ]

I am not sure on one thing, is it possible to install a 2 bar shower pump in the loft that is above the shower head? As the cold water is fed from Cold Water Loft Tank in the loft so the cold water will be above the pump by 30cm or so and the hot water is coming from storage tank below it say 1m or...

View more questions Search