Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 18, 2007, 09:00 PM
    This is trust!
    A contestant on "Who Wants to be a Millionaire?" had reached the final plateau.

If she answered the next question correctly, she would win $1,000,000. If she answered incorrectly, she would pocket only the $32,000 milestone money.

And as she suspected it would be, the million-dollar question was no pushover.

It was, "Which of the following species of birds does not build its own nest, but instead lays its eggs in the nests of other birds?"

Is it:

A) the condor

B) the buzzard

C) the cuckoo

D) the vulture

The woman was on the spot. She did not know the answer. And she was doubly on the spot because she had used up her 50/50 Lifeline and her Audience Poll Lifeline. All that remained was her Phone-a-Friend Lifeline. The woman hoped she would not have to use it because... Her friend was, well... a blonde.

She had no alternative. She called her friend and gave her the question and the four choices. The blonde responded unhesitatingly: "That's easy. The answer is C: the cuckoo."

The contestant had to make a decision and make it fast. She considered employing a reverse strategy and giving Regis any answer except the one that her friend had given her. And considering that her friend was a blonde, that would seem to be the logical thing to do. But her friend had responded with such confidence, such certitude, that the contestant could not help but be persuaded.

"I need an answer," said Regis.

Crossing her fingers, the contestant said, "C: The cuckoo."

"Is that your final answer?"

"Yes, that is my final answer."

Two minutes later, Regis said, "That answer is .... Absolutely correct!! You are now a millionaire!"

Three days later, the contestant hosted a party for her family and friends, including the blonde who had helped her win the million dollars.

"I just do not know how to thank you," said the contestant. "How did you happen to know the right answer?"

"Oh, come on," said the blonde... "Everybody knows that cuckoos don't build nests. They live in clocks."
    LuvMyMaltipoo Posts: 281, Reputation: 39

Jun 18, 2007, 09:04 PM
    Haha... that is great.
    magprob Posts: 1,877, Reputation: 300
    Ultra Member

Jun 19, 2007, 10:50 PM
    Chokin and dryin tears!
    moomin007 Posts: 158, Reputation: 33

Jun 19, 2007, 11:45 PM
    I LOVE it!!

:)
    benn11 Posts: 1,036, Reputation: 43
    Ultra Member

Jun 20, 2007, 12:40 AM
    Hahahaha, Isn't she just SMART :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to trust him again [ 2 Answers ]

I have been with my love for about 3 years now… After our first year together his mother passed away suddenly. His attitude changed, as would mine, and he became someone different to me. We started to drift apart through the months following and things were not looking so good for our...

Why don't I trust her? [ 14 Answers ]

Hey guys and gals. Just wanted some opinions really. I'll make it short and sweet. Ive been in a relationship with my girlfriend for 3 and a half years now and things are starting to crack around the edges. She hasn't changed or anything, it's me. She always goes out clubbing with her mates...

Revocable Trust (Grantor) Trust w/3rd party trustee [ 2 Answers ]

It was my understanding that if a grantor set up a revocable trust and a third party (let's say a bank) was named as trustee, the trustee was required to file a Form 1041. I am unable to locate any IRC or other guidance that would confirm or deny this. Please help. Thank you. Diana

How can you Trust Him? [ 3 Answers ]

:cool: What do you do when you can't trust a boy? Is it normal to wonder what he is doing at all times of the hour? How can I feel more comfartable about trusting boys? After one boy proved himself untrustworthy I found myself not trusting any anymore... is that normal? Let me know and thanks

Should I trust him? [ 26 Answers ]

I have a hard time trusting people in general but I'm dating my ex again after 3 years of not talking we broke up the 1st time 3 years ago because he cheated on me and I don't take that crap but I took him back a 2nd time and the same thing happened and now I'm dating him again 3 years later for...

View more questions Search