Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    alinapringle Posts: 14, Reputation: 0

Jun 18, 2007, 07:35 PM
    What are fuses?
    What are fuses? What are their needs? Are they to be wired in a series circuit or a parallel circuit?

Thank you for your attention
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Jun 18, 2007, 11:30 PM
    Fuse (electrical) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    alinapringle Posts: 14, Reputation: 0

Jun 19, 2007, 05:25 AM
    All right, that's a well-informed site- thank you once again!
    IR0NH0RSE Posts: 6, Reputation: 0

Nov 16, 2007, 08:28 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by alinapringle
    What are fuses? What are their needs? Are they to be wired in a series circuit or a parallel circuit?

Thank you for your attention
    Fuses are protection devices for specific circuits. They need NOT to be exceeded as far as amperage goes. They are wired in series and parallel circuits.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

No power to thermostat, no fuses [ 15 Answers ]

I have a International Comfort Products heating and AC unit. The problem I am having is that the blower runs constantly and there is no power to the thermostat. I can find no fuses on the unit. None indicated in the schematic either. The transformer checks out OK, the wirng checks out OK also. Any...

17 1/2 hp mtd blows fuses [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, my dad has an mtd 17 1/2 hp gear drive mower, just after he bought it, it started blowing the fuse. Warrentee took care of that one. That was six years ago, now its blowing fuses again. Replaced the fuse again, but then I installed wire loom on every wire I could get my hands on. The wires...

What's better; Fuses or Breakers [ 6 Answers ]

I am looking at replacing the service box in my home. The main reason is that coming off the service box are two other switches, one for the Air Conditioning unit and one for other lights in the house. So I would like to get everything in one box. The existing service is a 100 amp Fuse box. I...

Fuses blowing [ 2 Answers ]

:confused: My clothes dryer started blowing fuses. Since it was a 1964 model, we assumed it was on it's last legs and bought a new one. The new dryer is also starting to blow fuses. The dryer is on a separate fuse box from everything else. Nothing has changed where the dryer or fuse box was...

Fuses v breakers [ 3 Answers ]

thought I'd look on the web for this and I found this site. Here goes... my building was built in 1939 and has old cloth wire in it. My neighbors have all had their fuse boxes upgraded to circuit breakers, and since I recently fried a wire inside a conduit while hanging a fixture, I thought...

View more questions Search