Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    soyuppy Posts: 25, Reputation: 1

Jun 18, 2007, 06:50 PM
    Individual Estmated Tax deadline
    Is there a penalty for not sending in the ES payment in time? i.e. for 2nd qtr 2007, the deadline is June 15th, which I totally missed :)

Considering that this is just an estimated, as long as I include enough $ in the payment, it should be OK?
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Jun 19, 2007, 02:17 PM
    A late payment penalty will be calculated when your return is completed next year, unless you are due a refund.
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Jun 19, 2007, 02:47 PM
    Even though you missed the June 15 deadline, you should still send the payment in as soon as possible. If you owe a penalty, it will be calculated when you file your taxes next year, and the amount of the penalty will depend on how many days late your payments were. So get your estimated payment in ASAP. Depending in the magnitude of the late payment, you might want to overpay this quarter's amount by a few $$.
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Jun 21, 2007, 08:07 AM
    Agree. Make the estimated payment ASAP!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Confused about form and deadline for amendment. [ 1 Answers ]

Hello. I am on my H1 rite now, which started from Oct'06 and I did not earn anything on it. I did not earn anything on my OPT, which is my status till my H1 started. My only earnings on F1 are to be filed for returns this year. I filed the 1040EZ form. I was told that it was the wrong...

Individual Tax [ 3 Answers ]

Robert attended a management seminar (related to his business) in Orlando for 5 days. The first 4 days were spent attending the seminar and the last day was spent sightseeing. In connection with the trip, Robert was reimbursed $2,000 by his employers business under an accountable reimbursement...

Nonresident Alien individual Tax [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I have a question about how are nonresident alien individual taxed? I have been living states for 6 years now with a H1-B visa and plan to go back to home country ( India ) end of this year. I have made investments in my non-taxable account over the years. My non-taxable a/c mostly...

What kinds of tax return should I file,when is the deadline of them [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, I got h1-b visa, arrived and worked in usa in October,2005. I got one w-2. According to w-2 I paid five kinds of taxes:federal income tax,state(new york) income tax,local(new york) income tax, social security tax and medicare tax. I am wondering how many kinds of tax return I should file. I...

View more questions Search