Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sandw54 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 18, 2007, 01:08 PM
    Craftsman rear engine rider won't start
    I have a Craftsman rear engine rider that won't make a sound. When I went to start it the other day, it turned over once then it just made a "click" noise when I turned the key the next time. I has done that before and I took the battery to Sears to have it checked. Well the battery was fine and the guy at Sears said it was the solenoid switch. I could tap on it with a hammer and it would usually start, but this time it would never start so I replaced the solenoid switch, but I had to run all over town to find one. It took me a couple of hours to find one and get back home with it. When I replaced the switch, I noticed that I had left the key in the "on" position the whole time I was gone. When I tried to start it, it wouldn't make a sound. I'm wondering if I let the battery run down or if I just put the solenoid switch on wrong?
    esquire1 Posts: 2,483, Reputation: 209
    Ultra Member

Jun 18, 2007, 02:20 PM
    I would start by bringing the battery to full charge and go from there
    MOWERMAN2468 Posts: 3,214, Reputation: 243
    Ultra Member

Aug 4, 2007, 10:44 PM
    Not Likely To Be The Battery, Check Your Fuse, Then Check All Connections At The Solenoid, One Wire Loose , Or In The Wrong Spot And Nothing.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

20 hp Briggs and Stratton engine won't start -TroyBilt mower [ 4 Answers ]

I have a Troy Bilt riding mower and it won't start. The battery has been checked. I think it's the starter. Anyone know how to change the starter?

Craftsman rider won't start [ 8 Answers ]

Late '80's vintage 18HP, 44" rider. Been running like a champ until recently. Started running very rough a couple of weeks ago. Had to choke all the way to keep in running. Decided to start with new spark plugs to rectify. Now I don't get any spark. Turns over just fine. Amp meter on dash...

Murray Rider won't start [ 2 Answers ]

Have a Murray Rider mower new spark plug and battery but I can't get it to do anything... Don't know where to start on it... any suggestions.

Craftsman rider electrical issue [ 6 Answers ]

Hi all I have a Craftsman riding mower model 917.270923. It will not turn over at all. It has a new battery, and when I turn to the start position, the voltmeter on the dash dips down as if there is a drain (like starting) but on noises, no nothing. I've checked all obvious connections and...

Murray rider won't start [ 8 Answers ]

Ive got a fully charged battery, the starter just chugs a little, Not enough to start it up, and the red connection at the starter Heats up and smokes. Is the starter bad, or do I have electrical problem elsewhere? I think I just replaced the starter last summer. Help?

View more questions Search