Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    startover22 Posts: 2,758, Reputation: 363
    Ultra Member

Jun 20, 2007, 11:25 AM
    Maybe that is his favorite saying form the beginning of the thread. Ok I can handle that. It was one of the question that I asked in the beginning. How is the vacation going, sun or snow?
    shatteredsoul Posts: 423, Reputation: 130

Jun 20, 2007, 11:25 AM
    I am waiting...
    Synnen, I understand that, I don't judge your perception of this life, and I respect your view. You are cool in my book.
    Michaelb, have you any respect for a view other than your own?? Maybe when you do you won't be as limited in what you believe or think others should believe!!
    Ultra Member

Jun 20, 2007, 11:30 AM
    I am gone for now the oldest wants his turn... Shattered let us get to the positive aspects of life. Like Chocolate, coffee, and great music... I thought you were going to attack me Michael, I feel bad now cause I saw that it was your favorite motto. I don't know why you get to me but you just do. Sorry I judged before you even had a chance. Positive babes, positive!

Jun 20, 2007, 11:35 AM
    I am cool as a cucumber and positive with a capital P!! OK let the kid on already, ha ha!
    Synnen, hugs to you and STart!!
    Proudmama Posts: 15, Reputation: 6

Jun 20, 2007, 11:44 AM
    HI Start,

Happy birthday to your little one. What are you doing for your little ones birthday?
    Children grow fast, it seemed like I had my baby yesterday.

Hello everybody, My baby boy is moving a lot more. When he is on his stationary toy he moves it no problem and when he is on the floor he go's around pretty good to. I have to watch out for everything. He gets into it all. He actually started getting his hands on everything when he was a lot younger. He makes me laugh for all the simple things he does. I can't wait for sometime to have another child.

Proudmama
    Proudmama Posts: 15, Reputation: 6

Jun 20, 2007, 11:45 AM
    Pe
    TG
    . Z.'Z`2L P_POK. >JHGJGH32
    michealb Posts: 484, Reputation: 129

Jun 20, 2007, 12:00 PM
    Startover you asked for my favorite quote. It's just my favorite quote because it makes people think as to why they feel their god is the true god when there are so many gods out there. I also like the quote that says "we are both atheist when it comes to Zeus."
    As for kids my wife and I still don't know if we want kids or not. We are still young and we go back and forth.

Shatteredsoul
    Atheist's beliefs are as varied as anyone else's. The general classification is someone that doesn't believe in god. Most people in this day and age attribute it to people that don't believe in the God of the Jews. The truth is that unless you believe in all gods that have ever been dreamed up you are an atheist in some form. My personal belief is since the christian god is a rather recent invention of man I don't think that if there is a god we haven't found him yet and we should probably not be so bold as to say that we know everything about him. I hold no contempt for organized religion I think it is great for some people and it might even be needed to have an organized society.
    Ultra Member

Jun 20, 2007, 12:07 PM
    Yes I did, and I get it now. I get all worked up sometimes and move without thinking. I wasn't thinking when I first read it. Funny how I do that sometimes. I appreciate your answer, I hope that some day you will have healthy wonderful children if you ever come to the conclusion that you want kids! I always wanted kids, I started a little early, you know, before I grew emotionally, before college, and before I knew how to deal with myself. Having kids kind of takes care of all that for you in a way! And yes in some ways we are all atheist. Hope your vacation is going well. Bye for now1
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Jun 20, 2007, 12:07 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by michealb
    Startover you asked for my favorite quote. It's just my favorite quote because it makes people think as to why they feel their god is the true god when there are so many gods out there. I also like the quote that says "we are both atheist when it comes to Zeus."
    As for kids my wife and I still don't know if we want kids or not. We are still young and we go back and forth.

Shatteredsoul
    Atheist's beliefs are as varied as anyone elses. The general classification is someone that doesn't believe in god. Most people in this day and age attribute it to people that don't believe in the God of the Jews. The truth is that unless you believe in all gods that have ever been dreamed up you are an atheist in some form. My personal belief is since the christian god is a rather recent invention of man I don't think that if there is a god we haven't found him yet and we should probably not be so bold as to say that we know everything about him. I hold no contempt for organized religion I think it is great for some people and it might even be needed to have an organized society.
    Interesting thoughts. There are so many different beliefs. There are so many different opinions. It is good to have people of different opinions and thoughts and beliefs. I do believe we all learn from each other. May not be immediate or may not realize it at the beginning but we all have something to learn from each other.

Good to see you here on the thread.

Joe

Jun 20, 2007, 12:08 PM
    Well I guess I shouldn't assume what you believe or don't, to assume makes an a@@ of you and me, right? Back to you. I too do not hold any contempt for organized religion, but I do not believe in it either. So I too have a personal belief that is not typical of one believing in God. In fact, I believe all Gods that have been dreamt up are all the same and essentially come from the same higher existence other than ourselves. That meaning, I know that I don't know who or what God is, but that every understanding of him is not wrong or untrue, just perceived differently by each one of us. Religion is like language, most of understand each one differently, or relate to one that makes the most sense to them. It is a way of feeling safe and to hold on to something that helps us know how to navigate our lives. The God that I believe in has no limits or boundaries in religion and exists within all of us and connects us all by the energy we are made up of. So, I am not bold enough to think I understand the grandness of that notion, but I do recognize the limitless of this and other existences.

Jun 20, 2007, 12:17 PM
    Jesushelper, Thanks for your support, its nice to hear that!! MichaelB, no negative vibes from me, just trying to keep it interesting!
    Ultra Member

Jun 20, 2007, 12:29 PM
    That is for sure. Interesting is a good word. Lengthy might be another! LOL... Shattered, I am back from the luch fight.

Jun 20, 2007, 04:36 PM
    Yes I know, sometimes I don't know when to shut the @@! Up! Ha Ha! That's OK, at least you still listen. Another saying or quote I read the other day was very intriguing to me and I wanted to share it. It hit me deep because of my own feelings of inadequacy. "What would you do if you knew you could not fail?" I knew the answer right away and then I realized, dang! I could do it if I believed in myself enough and just did it.
    Ultra Member

Jun 20, 2007, 04:44 PM
    I love listening, I will probably get on tomorrow. Hope ou have a great end of the week with uot me! Roll on Sista, roll on!

Jun 20, 2007, 04:47 PM
    I will miss you my sis, I just posted in looney bin #2, I LOVE MIKEY IN THE GOONIES!! Happy motoring to you!!
    s2tp Posts: 299, Reputation: 61

Jun 20, 2007, 04:55 PM
    I don't really have a favorite saying... nothing that I always refer to, but I guess I tend to tell myself 'things will get better" if I am feeling down, and that is just something I have complete faith in, and I never question it. I know that no matter how miserable I am at one point and no matter how much I don't feel like going on... Things always get better eventually... and they do.

I guess I have come to this conclusion because I have had many lows in my life, but I always find a way out- the light is always there. I like to think it is God which fills me with this encouragement. So I am indeed spiritual, but I do not consider myself religious. I call myself as Christian-other just for the simplicity of it, but I do not feel as though I know enough nor follow the bible or any church... so I am really not anything (religious-wise)

Who made me who I am- My mom! Of course I can name so many other people who have touched and molded me in different ways, but I would be far different person without my mother. She has been through so many turmoils in life and has always come out all the better. She is solid and honest, a hard worker and has the best intentions for everyone. She has really inspired me to be a good person no matter what, and that is one of the proudest things I have in my life- that I am forgiving, understanding and loyal to no end.

Hmm, who or what brings out the worst in me? Well I can't figure out one person or thing, but I would say guys in general... relationships to be more specific. In a relationship is when I have felt at my lowest.

I do not have any children- no big answer here other than just haven't found the right person yet... and have been lucky to not have any with the wrong person.

I am in a relationship right now- nothing too serious just still getting to know each other.

I did brush my teeth before coming to work... and I will be brushing them soon before bed!

I don't clean toilettes here- Thankfully! They are all public (deployed status)

I did have breakfast, cereal and a packet of jelly... weird I know, I just wanted something sweet but not too filling, haha.

And yes Love is all around me!
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Jun 20, 2007, 04:56 PM
    It sounds like everybody is doing good here.

So Start, sounds like you might not be around as much for a while??

Shattered, another good quote.

Supper is done and baby getting ready for bed time. I got home really early from work today so I was able to spend some excellent quality time with the babes and my wife.

I am so so so jealous of people who say they can get 8 to 10 hours of sleep. Some of them even claim to still be tired when I am jumping and running around and living off three arrrrg. Lol

Just wanted to say Goodnight to everybody.

Hugs and see you all here tomorrow.

EDIT:::::::: s2tp, good to see you here. Must be a relief you do not have to worry about cleaning toilets ;).
    Hope this website and the people here bring out the best in you :).

Joe
    Ultra Member

Jun 20, 2007, 08:58 PM
    S2TP, hey thanks for posting, how wonderful are you? I love this post! So many great people on here. Toilets will be a thing in the future for you I guess. I love the packet of jelly thing! Keep up the good work, I hope to be as good as mom as yours!
    JOe, I will be gone till Sat or Sun, I will be checking in though so don't talk behind my back, LOL... Kiss the fam, glad you got time with them, it adds up! Hugs to all, Start
    kazzz Posts: 111, Reputation: 6

Jun 21, 2007, 10:14 AM
    " i cried today because i had no shoes
    until i saw a man who had no feet"
    kazzz Posts: 111, Reputation: 6

Jun 21, 2007, 10:15 AM
    "tomrrow is never promised"

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

In love with someone who doesn't love me anymore. [ 8 Answers ]

I started dating my ex in Apirl of last year. We got pregnant within the first three months, and my hormones and emotions starting going crazy. I was treating him like crap, saying things like I didn't want to be with him, I would ruin the evening by thinking he didn't want me there, even though...

Does Love exist? Is there such thing as love? [ 22 Answers ]

I was wondering what is your opinion or thoughts on this situation, I went through a couple of months ago (in 2006). It was nearing the end of my first year at University, I was dancing on the last night the pub was open; suddenly, I saw a good-looking, kind of modest girl and I got the...

I love a girl but does she love me [ 19 Answers ]

I met this beautiful girl we went out but then she said she didn't want a boyfriend right now and its tearing me apart because we love each other and I don't know how love can disappear so fast I mean it must be there still right

I love this boy that doesn't love me. [ 18 Answers ]

There is a boy I met that I think I fell in love with. He is a really good guy. He likes me back but he recently got a girlfriend that he loves. I don't know should I move on or what... :confused:

I love him but does not love me and no one else does [ 4 Answers ]

I love him but he does not love me and no one else does love me but why:confused: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

View more questions Search