Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Kaynale05 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 18, 2007, 08:30 AM
    My 2 year old, and a new man.
    OK, I introduced my 2 year old daughter to the new guy I am dating, he just happens to be my neighbor. He's everything I've ever wanted, full of confidence, has nothing but nice things to say to me, plays w/ Laney until they both fall over tired, he's just as sweet as could be, and not controlling and jealous. Now... my QUESTION is... Is this too much for my daughter?? Considering she's use to just mommy but, she's also use to mommy getting treated badly and seeing me cry a lot (when the ex was coming over occasionally). My last relationship, we fought all the time, and Laney never got the attention she deserved. Now she see's mommy happy and Laney is focused on 100% now by Nate (the new guy) and myself. Is it too big of a change for her? Please, all of your inputs would be great. Thank you
    saraispiel19 Posts: 670, Reputation: 115
    -

Jun 18, 2007, 09:05 AM
    I would sαy tαke it slow... you wαnt Lαney to think of him αs α friend not the new dαddy or whαtever.. just in cαse things don't work out-- now thαt your wiser from pαst relαtionships you know how to end it nicely where your bαby girl doesn't see you get hurt αnd grow up not to be α mαn hαter for seeing her mommα cry αll those times.

Nice αnd slow is the key- mαke sure Lαney knows your hαppy-- she's too young to see mommy cry

**love thαt nαme btw♥
    MishcaParker Posts: 14, Reputation: 3

Jun 18, 2007, 09:08 PM
    Your children should never see you jump in and out of relationships, as it is hurtful to them if they have bonded, it can also be confusing and it will set a unhealthy precident for their futur relationships but if you are not rushing this relationship it will be great for your daughter to see a healthy relationship and to have a male figure who is loving and supportive to the both of you.
    rockerchick_682 Posts: 496, Reputation: 72

Jun 18, 2007, 09:58 PM
    Well... she's 2 right? Will she remember? But I agree with everyone else, let her adjust slowly. It would just be hurtfull if he was a big part of her life and then this new guy left.
    cutos Posts: 20, Reputation: 1

Jun 19, 2007, 10:29 AM
    Awwww he sounds like a really great guy but how long have you benn seeing this guy? Sounds nice take it slow... laney needs mommy time to!
    Tony J Posts: 90, Reputation: 4

Jun 19, 2007, 12:39 PM
    FYI, It takes children approximately 2 to 5 years to fully recover from a divorce. Adjustment times for children are much longer than adults. I would have to agree that introducing your new boyfriend is good in small doses. Also, do not forget that YOUR relationship with your child is more important than your relationship with your new boyfriend. I would also caution you that people tend to have a cyclical pattern of dating and relationships as we are often attracted to very similar people: I mean that we are attracted to the same "type" of person over and over.
    Dennis777 Posts: 478, Reputation: 124

Jun 19, 2007, 02:02 PM
    Hello.

Take it slow for not only your childes sake but you own. Any Guy can be Mr. Nice Guy at first but can he stay that way. In time you will know and your child will grow to not only Love him she will trust him.

Good Luck
    Dennis777

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Can a 39 year old man be a binge drinker? [ 4 Answers ]

Okay, this is strange for me. I have never done anything like this before but I just don't know what to do. I am sure that my husband is an alcholic/binge drinker. He only drinks about once a month but when he does so he drinks like a case of beer and doesn't stop drinking until he passes out. He...

Rent increase percentage cap for New jersey year to year [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, I am signing a lease for another year with my landlord but he wants to increase the rent 15% for the new year. Is there a cap on the increase for raising rent. This is for a house, not an apartment. Thanks!

Man In Love w/ Another Man [ 11 Answers ]

:confused: Hey Im 33 yrs old I became fast friends w/ someone I have known for many years just did not know him personally. Hes 27yrs old very intelligent ,funny, tough, masculine and very very easy on the eyes but he also has severe mood swings(gemini) along w/ a severe drinking habit. As time...

Calendar Year or Fiscal Year for H1b Visa Holders? [ 9 Answers ]

Hi, I would be going to the US on an H1B, accompanied with my wife and two kids (all on H4). Tax experts could you please answer the following doubts of mine: 1. For individuals on H1B, the only selection of tax year is a calendar tax year, right? 2. If I reach US somewhere on Oct 1 2007, I...

6-year Indian Student, 1040EZ but claiming social security taxes from 5th year. [ 3 Answers ]

I've been in the States since 2001 (F-1 undergrad, then 1 year of F-1 OPT, and now with a new F-1 for grad school), 6 years so far and all at the same university in NYC. This will be my first year filing the 1040EZ, and I have a few Q's... Four questions: * Is the 1040EZ form the...

View more questions Search