Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    S E Robinson Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 18, 2007, 08:12 AM
    Starting a new business
    Hello:

I'm Sharon from North Carolina and I'm starting a new service. My first customer (hopefully) will be a big one and I just can't find the right words for the first papagraph. I am working on my company's introduction letter.

Boy, do I need help.

Sharon
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jun 19, 2007, 01:11 AM
    Maybe some answers that you find on the following link will be of help to you. I hope that they are.

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/search...archid=1456597
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

Aug 18, 2007, 01:36 PM
    Are you selling a service or a commodity?

I have been in sales and service for over 35 years, quite successfully I might add. If I have learned anything it is; always write and talk about "what is important to your prospect."

Possibly start by always asking yourself; Why would my customer buy this? What need/s of the prospects would buying this satisfy?

Find out these answers and always approach your prospects from their prospective. You can spend all day telling them how it works, what it will do, and the cost. If they can't justify a need or reson to buy it, they won't.

Pretend you are the customer; ask yourself these questions and come up with some good reasons. Then take your answers and formulate them into a statement, example; I don't need to know that your hammer is bigger, better designed, or even cheaper, etc. I just want the best way to put that nail in my wall, that is my need.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Starting a business [ 2 Answers ]

I have been building/fixing computers and computer networks for several years now. I love to do it, so I never really charged anything up until a couple months ago. I decided that I would like to start my own business doing this. I had a couple magnetic signs made up and threw 'em on my car. In...

Starting up in business [ 2 Answers ]

Hi please could you give me advice as to where I start , in starting my own cleaning firm. Where to go?any grants available etc thank you very much

Starting a business [ 2 Answers ]

I am interested in starting a business.. I need to know what are the things that I have to have by law before I do any work... can you help..

View more questions Search