Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pmh383388 Posts: 58, Reputation: 2

Jun 18, 2007, 01:07 AM
    Why are we born ?
    What is the purpose of our life ? To enjoy ? To suffer ?
    Marily Posts: 457, Reputation: 51

Jun 19, 2007, 05:40 AM
    God is the giver of all life, maybe if you ask Him He might answer you
    LadyB Posts: 320, Reputation: 42

Jun 19, 2007, 05:49 AM
    I believe we have no ultimate, divine purpose, that we just are. Others believe differently. It's therefore quite subjective.

Are you asking just out of curiosity for others points of view or are you searching for your own path?
    cal823 Posts: 867, Reputation: 116

Jun 19, 2007, 06:29 AM
    The answer is something to do with magnets, chocolates, and neckties.
    Seriously now, you shouldn't ask "why are we here" a better question is "why am i here"
    Becausei don't believe we all have one collective purpose that is within our understanding, yet you can find your individual meaning and calling in god.
    Superfly999 Posts: 235, Reputation: 14

Jun 20, 2007, 06:20 AM
    I agree with cal, you have to find your OWN meaning of why you were born. There may however be a reason why we are all born "purpose of the human race"; but I believe that the more important is the "why I am born" because if you find YOUR purpose in life you can move on from there and help others find their purpose and live your life moving towards that goal and living happy.
    Wangdoodle Posts: 217, Reputation: 50

Jun 22, 2007, 08:42 PM
    Just something that I have found very interesting is that when one views the life on Earth. Vegetation, insects, and animals. Just about, if not all, life has one big driving goal behind them. Which is to reproduce. The other goal is of course to remain alive.
    robertsqueen Posts: 376, Reputation: 43

Jun 22, 2007, 08:53 PM
    I believe that we are here to learn... and to love. We are here to experence life and find out what makes us tick.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jun 22, 2007, 09:14 PM
    I am here because God said so.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jul 6, 2007, 01:24 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman
    I am here because God said so.
    Me too!
    magprob Posts: 1,877, Reputation: 300
    Ultra Member

Jul 22, 2007, 11:35 PM
    I'm here simply because my fathers ship was in port and my mother was a waitress in a small San Diego café. He did what any good sailor would do... he swabbed her poop deck.
    kt1205 Posts: 125, Reputation: 4
    -

Jul 23, 2007, 12:21 AM
    I think there is no reason why we are here. Escpessially since we all die. There can't be a reason unles it's to suffer
    firmbeliever Posts: 2,919, Reputation: 463
    Ultra Member

Jul 23, 2007, 03:36 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by pmh383388

A muslim believer point of view...

The Almighty Creator,Lord of the worlds gave us a life for a purpose and for a set time.
    To see whether we would remember Him and His favours and be thankful and live up to the guidelines set.

Each person has their joys and sufferings and during each of these times it is up to us whether we are thankful for blessings, hopeful for mercy and wish for a greater reward in the afterlife. Suffering is not to be taken as a burden and in turn be ungrateful for the favours we do have, to pray for respite is expected of the believers.

When blessings are heaped on us like wealth etc we are expected to be generous with it as it is a blessings from the Almighty and being greedy is not expected of us (not to say we should not spend on our families as the Almighty says that the food that the husband provides for the wife and family is also counted as a good deed when it is earned the right way).

Each person has their roles set as leaders,parents,children, siblings,teachers, students,rulers etc and all are expected to be just and must fulfill their roles best as they can and the Almighty will be the Judge.

Our purpose in life is not to suffer or enjoy but to live life with joy and patience and to not set up partners with the One and Only Creator, to be always prepared to meet the Lord of the worlds.

:) :) :)

Jul 23, 2007, 04:28 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by kt1205
    i think there is no reason why we are here. escpessially since we all die. there can't be a reason unles it's to suffer
    that you think that makes me want to cry.

seriously mate, life has so much meaning!
    trust me. Life is good. You have to find your meaning, find your calling mate. God has a plan for you.
    life is short yeah, but an eternal life would be meaningless, if we lived forever the way we are, itd just drag oooon and ooooon and ooonn and thered be no urgency about anything, no reason to do anything, because ud have forever to do it. You'd just go numb after awhile, and after a few hundred years, you'd kill yourself, just for the sake of getting out of the endless sameness and boredome.
    value your life, treasure every second, because time is so valuable! Life is so valuable!
    water seems meaningless to us, but I betcha it sure means something to third world kids.

there's so much you can do in your life mate. So much potential.

when I feel the pain, the pleasure in life is made so much sharper and so much more valuable!
    when I feel cold, warmth is such a better thing!
    when I'm thirsty, water tastes so good!
    when I'm lonely, a hug is the best thing in the world!
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jul 23, 2007, 04:45 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by pmh383388
    Hello pmh:

To propagate. Your enjoyment or suffering doesn't enter into the equation.

excon

Jul 23, 2007, 04:48 AM
    That's a very sterile and sad view of the world excon "our purpose is to make babies"
    Its also illogical.
    Why make a baby, if its only purpose is to make a baby which is only alive to make another baby which has only the purpose of making babies?
    What's the point?
    There's got to be more meaning and purpose to it than that, when I think of it, its actually and insane idea of purpose, the universe is more logical than that!
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Jul 23, 2007, 04:49 AM
    I agree with excon, we are born so that we can give birth to others and then die. That's perfectly logical.

However, there's a lot of time between that we can fill with all kinds of things, like physics, religion, or table tennis.

Jul 23, 2007, 04:54 AM
    Table tennis is pretty meaningless.
    So is reproduction as a sole purpose.
    There's got to be other purposes, reason for each life.
    If we follow your theory of "we exist to screw so that babies can be made"
    Then thered have to be a reason for those babies to be made, for it to be logical.
    Thered have to be either 1# more purpose for each life than reproduction
    Or
    2# a single life, down the line, at which all this reproduction is aimed at (like I'm having a baby so he can have a baby (etc etc etc) so he can have a baby, who will father this one special guy who has a purpose to his life)

Babies just to make more babies is illogical, unless there's more too it than that.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jul 23, 2007, 04:55 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by cal823
    whats the point?
    Hello cal:

Perpetuation of the species.

We run into trouble when we think we're important enough to HAVE a purpose.

excon
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Jul 23, 2007, 05:00 AM
    Table tennis certainly isn't meaningless, it makes you more agile, which means you catch a guy who was trying to pickpocket you, which means you didn't lose all your money, which means you could buy a better car, which means you attracted a more attractive mate, which means you made genetically superior babies. And then you die.

Everything we do is ultimately aimed at making more and better babies. Everything that all animals do has exactly the same motive.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jul 23, 2007, 05:01 AM
    My purpose is to help my kids grow up to be good people so I guess I follow excon's and Capuchin's theory. Before I had kids I enjoyed life by dating, travelling and learning... all to get laid. But seriously folks...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Born in you.S With diplomatic parents [ 12 Answers ]

Hi, I would like to know if there is someone with similar issue or if any body can help. I was born in NY and my dad was a diplomat. Under the 14th amendment all people born on U.S soil have the right to citizenship. Except children of foreign diplomats. I currently live abroad and would like...

Looking for brother born 7/2/47 [ 1 Answers ]

I am looking for my half brother who was born in Michigan on July 2 1947. I was wondering is it possible to get a list of male's born on that date who live in and out of Michigan. And is there a way to find spouses and family. Thank you Connie

Born 9-6-1966 then given away to lonelyless [ 2 Answers ]

9-6-66 detroit MI hi yellow complextion rare facial molds on face.brown eyes exstremly talented .poet.artist.survivor.and thinker.Please assist. SEEKING BIOLOGICAL MOTHER THAT CONCEIEVED BOY IN 1966 SEPTEMBER NATIVE OF MICHICAN. HOW DO I FIND HER WITH NO FUNDS DUE TO UNEMPLOYMENT AND ODD JOBS TO...

New born kitten care [ 3 Answers ]

Hi everyone, I hope some of you out there can help me out with this. My cat Kida just gave birth to 4 precious little kittens. Unfortunately I was not home at the time & so she had them at the neighbours house. Now Kida had a few fleas on her before the birth, I was using a flea comb but it...

View more questions Search