Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    magprob Posts: 1,877, Reputation: 300
    Ultra Member

Jul 23, 2007, 05:26 PM
    All I know is that I spent the first half of my existence making the second half misreble and propagation had a lot to do with that. I'm through propagating. I'd rather just live in a cave and be left alone.
    cal823 Posts: 867, Reputation: 116

Jul 23, 2007, 09:54 PM
    My "existance" has only been 15, almost 16 years so far (do you guys actually remember or realise I'm so young? Lol)
    I've wasted most of my existence lol, until this year its turning around.
    I mite take up ping pong.
    Irulan Posts: 92, Reputation: 17

Aug 21, 2007, 08:57 AM
    Good question... when a reasonable answer is found inform me.

On the other hand, here is what I think.

Life is a cycle; we are born, we live, then we die, to be reborn again... and so one and on...

So, why are we on this cycle??

To learn lessons we seem to forget each time we die or perhaps we just do not learn those lessons well enough to break the cycle.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Aug 21, 2007, 12:38 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Irulan

To learn lessons we seem to forget each time we die or perhaps we just do not learn those lessons well enough to break the cycle.
    What do you think happens when the cycle you propose is broken?
    firmbeliever Posts: 2,919, Reputation: 463
    Ultra Member

Aug 21, 2007, 01:54 PM
    Good question ... when a reasonable answer is found inform me.

On the other hand, here is what I think.

Life is a cycle; we are born, we live, then we die, to be reborn again ... and so one and on...

So, why are we on this cycle???

Irulan,
    Are you saying that the same people are born and reborn again and again?

If then why the increase in population if the same number of people dead are being born again, hypothetically there should be no increase in the population.
    And the ones who break the cycle, what happens to them?
    Choux Posts: 3,047, Reputation: 376
    Ultra Member

Aug 21, 2007, 03:29 PM
    Every one of us is born, after millennia of genetic selection down to our parents who give us our final genetic codes, an assortment of cells with some many attributes and proclivities... best to enjoy and make the best of it!!

Suffer?. that's for Catholics, Lutherans and Jews. ;););)

Aug 21, 2007, 07:07 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Clough
    What do you think happens when the cycle you propose is broken?

The cycle of life... birth life death... is an inevitable fact of life, now the rest of the cycle is an opinion which I cannot ubstantiate since I have no proof... there is a vast difference between fact and opinion.

Aug 21, 2007, 07:11 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by firmbeliever
    Irulan,
    Are you saying that the same people are born and reborn again and again?

If then why the increase in population if the same number of people dead are being born again, hypothetically there should be no increase in the population.
    And the ones who break the cycle, what happens to them?
    Let me repeat my previous to Clough anwer which In my opinion also answers your question.

The cycle of life... birth life death... is an inevitable fact of life, now the rest of the cycle is an opinion which I cannot ubstantiate since I have no proof... there is a vast difference between fact and opinion.
    Ultra Member

Aug 21, 2007, 11:19 PM
    Let me repeat my previous to Clough anwer which IMHO also answers your question.

The cycle of life ... birth life death... is an inevitable fact of life, now the rest of the cycle is an opinion which I cannot ubstantiate since I have no proof ... there is a vast difference between fact and opinion.
    Irulan even if you cannot prove it,
    You can still explain what you are talking about??

Are you saying that in this world the same people are born, die and are born again?
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Aug 22, 2007, 01:11 AM
    you can still explain what you are talking about???

Are you saying that in this world the same people are born, die and are born again?
    I would like to know the same things about which you are asking.

Aug 22, 2007, 08:55 AM
    you can still explain what you are talking about???

Have you never heard of the belief in reincarnation?

Reincarnation is a belief with a long and varied history. In modern times, the Eastern religions of Buddhism and Hinduism are often thought of as the source of this belief, but the ancient Egyptians and Greeks, native North and South Americans, and the Aboriginal peoples of Australia also have this belief.

Reincarnation is the belief that the soul is indestructible and survives physical death, to be reborn into a new physical life; the passing of the soul from one body to the next. According to many religious beliefs our souls never really die.

Some American Indian tribes avoid eating certain animals because they believe that the souls of their ancestors dwell in those animals.

In most, if not all, ancient religions with a belief in reincarnation, the soul entering a body is seen as a metaphysical downgrading, an tainted rite of passage.

According to Buddhist beliefs, our souls are striving for perfection, whether we consciously realize it or not. We are born again and again to confront and perfect our Karma. To know the laws of action and reaction so instinctively and purely, that we never transgress them, is true enlightenment. At that point, our souls are free of Karma, and free to join with "The One" in a state of Nirvana.

Reincarnation seem to offer an explanation for some extraordinary phenomena such as the ability of some people to regress to a past life under hypnosis.

Reincarnation could explain why bad things happen to good people and why good things happen to bad people: they are being rewarded or punished for actions in past lives. Karmic law states that whatever action one does to another good or bad, it will return in triple form in this life or another.

One could explain déjà vu experiences by claiming that they are memories of past lives. Déjà vu is French for "already seen." Déjà vu is an uncanny feeling or illusion of having already seen or experienced something that is being experienced for the first time.

To refute all the above, past life regression and déjà vu experiences are best explained as the recalling of events from this life, not some past life. Since bad things also happen to bad people and good things also happen to good people, one might well suppose that there is no rhyme or reason why anything happens to anybody.

Plato

"The Soul is older than body. Souls are continuously born over again into this life."

William Wordsworth
    "Our birth is but a sleep and a forgetting, The soul that rises with us, our life's star, Hath had elsewhere its setting, And cometh from afar."

Kahlil Gibran
    "A little while, a moment of rest upon the wind, and another woman shall bear me."

Pythagoras the ancient mathematician claimed to have remembered his transmigrations.

Plotinus, in "The Descent of the Soul", claimed to have knowledge of the Soul and its origin.

Salvador Dali claimed to vividly remembered his previous existence as St. John of the Cross.

As I said, it is my opinion that all this is merely opinion.

From a hypothetical point of view, reincarnation poses some out of the ordinary problems which would present many difficult conjectures such as:

Is reincarnation a viable possibility?

What is it that is reincarnated?

Most likely, it is the soul that is reincarnated, but what is the soul, a disembodied consciousness?

Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Aug 22, 2007, 09:01 AM
    "One could explain déjà vu experiences by claiming that they are memories of past lives." Only if we live the same life over and over.

Groundhog day, anyone? :)
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Aug 22, 2007, 09:01 AM
    Reincarnation seem to offer an explanation for some extraordinary phenomena such as the ability of some people to regress to a past life under hypnosis.
    If that were the case wouldn't a large number of humans on this planets be able to regress to a past life versus the 0.002% (statistic made up to emphasize a very low amount) of the population that reports being able to do that?
    Ultra Member

Aug 22, 2007, 09:04 AM
    Hi Irulan,
    Thank you for the explanation, yes I do know about reincarnation in some religions.

I do believe the soul does not die, I also believe that there is a life after death, I also believe each one will get his due in the next life.

The difference in my belief is that I do not believe the next life is in this world(the present world we live in earth,sun,moon etc).

Aug 22, 2007, 10:51 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma
    If that were the case wouldn't a large number of humans on this planets be able to regress to a past life versus the 0.002% (statistic made up to emphasize a very low amount) of the population that reports being able to do that?
    Precisely why I say that the belief in reincarnation is opinion and nothing else. There is no proof of actual reincarnations thus my statement that it is OPINION and nothing more.
    Sixxmitch Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 22, 2007, 11:22 AM
    We all choose to come here! Life is an experience that we all sign up for. We come from the boundless... where we are not confined to time and space. We are all spiritual beings! Before we choose to take on this physical form (spirit inside) we are pure spirit! This life can appear to be long, but the physical experience is really VERY SHORT (relative to our timeless nature). Time is a concept of our physical mind... so everything about time is just perception. Life should be enjoyable. It is exactly what u make it. U are the director of this play... God has given all of us the power to control our lives and our destiny (free- will). Life is exactly what you believe it to be! So be careful with your thoughts. THOUGHTS BECOME THINGS! Why? Because "you are the director" (god's gift). If we are not responsible for thoughts, then we are still creating... but we are just doing it by DEFAULT! Which means we are at the mercey of our thoughts. We have to take responsibility for this power (god given)! U can have any and everything you desire.. if this is what u believe! If this is what your "THOUGHTS" are! Because your thoughts.. combine with your emotion (means u REALLY believe.. not just random thought)... speak directly 2 your sub-contious mind! And this is where all your answers are. Every question u have had, or ever will have... Iz right there inside u!! Consult your inner pressence! It will always give u TRUTH!!
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Aug 22, 2007, 11:28 AM
    Vu jà dé: This has never happened to me before!

"The meaningless absurdity to life." wrote Leo Tolstoy. But does that mean life has to be futile?

Yes, we will all die, but I don't think that requires for life to not have some meaning.

It's what we make of our short time on this planet that give us meaning to our single lives.

But happy anthropocentric certitudes have been thrown out the window.

Aug 22, 2007, 12:44 PM
    Hi Irulan,
    Thank you for the explanation, yes I do know about reincarnation in some religions.

I do believe the soul does not die, I also believe that there is a life after death, I also believe each one will get his due in the next life.

The difference in my belief is that I do not believe the next life is in this world(the present world we live in earth,sun,moon etc).
    Hello Firmbeliever,

Like you I also believe the soul continues on to another facet of existence. Exactly where and how that next facet of existence will be is uncertain and most probably we will never know in this lifetime, however, we will find out in due tme.
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Aug 22, 2007, 12:45 PM
    CaptainRich, there is a condition called jamais vu, where an experience that should be familiar feels like it is new :)
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Aug 22, 2007, 12:56 PM
    And presque vu, for "On the tip of my tongue"
    Like when we struggle for the right word, we're sure we know.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Born in you.S With diplomatic parents [ 12 Answers ]

Hi, I would like to know if there is someone with similar issue or if any body can help. I was born in NY and my dad was a diplomat. Under the 14th amendment all people born on U.S soil have the right to citizenship. Except children of foreign diplomats. I currently live abroad and would like...

Looking for brother born 7/2/47 [ 1 Answers ]

I am looking for my half brother who was born in Michigan on July 2 1947. I was wondering is it possible to get a list of male's born on that date who live in and out of Michigan. And is there a way to find spouses and family. Thank you Connie

Born 9-6-1966 then given away to lonelyless [ 2 Answers ]

9-6-66 detroit MI hi yellow complextion rare facial molds on face.brown eyes exstremly talented .poet.artist.survivor.and thinker.Please assist. SEEKING BIOLOGICAL MOTHER THAT CONCEIEVED BOY IN 1966 SEPTEMBER NATIVE OF MICHICAN. HOW DO I FIND HER WITH NO FUNDS DUE TO UNEMPLOYMENT AND ODD JOBS TO...

New born kitten care [ 3 Answers ]

Hi everyone, I hope some of you out there can help me out with this. My cat Kida just gave birth to 4 precious little kittens. Unfortunately I was not home at the time & so she had them at the neighbours house. Now Kida had a few fleas on her before the birth, I was using a flea comb but it...

View more questions Search