Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cal823 Posts: 867, Reputation: 116

Jul 23, 2007, 05:06 AM
    ... sad...
    You saying your whole life success is hinged on ping pong?

Why perpetuatue a species that has no reason to exist other than to exist?
    It will probably be wiped out oneday anyway
    I guess maye because "perpetuating the species" feels good, and hey, may as well do it in spite of the universes way of killing things.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jul 23, 2007, 05:08 AM
    Well I'm certainly not here to constantly worship an invisible deity that may have rules such as woman can't wear pants or cut their hair or I can't have a delicious cold alcoholic beverage or wine. No that's not included in life at all.
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Jul 23, 2007, 05:14 AM
    I don't play ping pong, but many people do, please don't insult them by calling their only pleasure in life "meaningless".

Our genes propagate due to how good we are at making babies. Our genes are the things that determine how good we are at making babies.

Therefore, the genes that are good at making babies are propogated, and with relatively few generations you end up with a population which is perfectly adapted to make lots of babies.

Now some of these population will have some of their genes slightly mutated with each generation, some of them will develop cancer early in their life and will not reproduce, their faulty genes die with them. Meanwhile, the environment around them is changing, some of the mutations allow these people to create more babies than the rest of the population by taking advantage of the changing environment. Within a short while, the majority of the population will have the extra-babies genes.

This is evolution. We make babies.

Jul 23, 2007, 05:15 AM
    "invisible deity"?
    The winds invisible, yet you know its theire by its effect on stuff.
    Same goes for god, yet he effects even more stuff
    And I think he lets you wear wateva you want, well I guess you got to be decent.
    Uber Member

Jul 23, 2007, 05:17 AM
    I believe a better word for needkarma to use would be intangible.

Jul 23, 2007, 05:19 AM
    Jesus was quite tangible.
    Uber Member

Jul 23, 2007, 05:21 AM
    Yes. He was. So am I. Your point?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jul 23, 2007, 05:21 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by cal823
    well i guess you gotta be decent.
    Hello again, cal:

According to who?? That's some of the trouble I was talking about. We're the only animal that worries about that. My dogs are naked and they don't care. Frankly, their purpose is no more or less important than my purpose.

excon

Jul 23, 2007, 05:22 AM
    excon, your dog can run naked through the streets without being arrested and scarring kids for life.
    Can you?
    Uber Member

Jul 23, 2007, 05:22 AM
    We have to be decent because our society demands it. If you are not decent, you don't get to make babies. (except, you know, during the process :rolleyes: )
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jul 23, 2007, 05:28 AM
    Hello again, cal:

It IS true, that my naked body would scar those whose eye's fell upon it... and I'm joking...

The only reason my naked body COULD scar someone, is if someone told that someone that they SHOULD be scarred by it. The people who do that, are the same ones who told you the stuff you believe. They think they're important - more important than a dog. I don't subscribe to that ridiculousness.

excon
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 23, 2007, 05:43 AM
    I don't have a dog, but I was good at making babies(my opinion) and they made babies, so I have multiplied myself. I wouln't mind multiplying some more but my wife says over her dead body, and I haven't figured out the mechanics of that, so maybe going naked is the answer, and attracting some one else to multiply with. I suspect that would be over my dead body though.
    Uber Member

Jul 23, 2007, 05:44 AM
    Tal,
    And the world is a better place because of your actions. Mission accomplished! :)
    LadyB Posts: 320, Reputation: 42

Jul 23, 2007, 08:50 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by cal823
    Why perpetuatue a species that has no reason to exist other than to exist?
    Why not?

it will probably be wiped out oneday anyway
    So? One day isn't right now. I exist right now.

I guess maye because "perpetuating the species" feels good, and hey, may as well do it in spite of the universes way of killing things.
    I have nothing better to do than exist, since the only alternative is to not exist. Might as well make the best of it.
    Uber Member

Jul 23, 2007, 08:59 AM
    Talani, not many people know this, but it makes perfect sense to me. The classic male mid-life crisis is not actually about the man becoming over the hill and needing to reassert his youth. It's about his wife becoming over the hill. The inner animal of the man needs to become attractive again to attract a younger (and more fertile) mate. They do this through, for example, buying a flashy car or whatever.
    While the man have absolutely no intention of trading in his wife for a more fertile model, his animal instincts are still there, they are just regulated by the (unnatural) monogamous society that we are now accustomed to.

Your post reminded me of that :). It all comes down to making more babies.
    Uber Member

Jul 23, 2007, 09:04 AM
    ^^

That explains why I'm suddenly going to the gym more. Also explains why those university girls seem so attractive.
    Expert

Jul 23, 2007, 01:06 PM
    They do this through, for example, buying a flashy car or whatever.
    That explains the red sports car and riding all across the country, whew!! And the super hot Texas chicks, young and... er, maybe I'll just keep in practice just in case..!
    Expert

Jul 23, 2007, 01:15 PM
    Maybe I'm wrong, but can't you have a blast, while you realize what your true purpose in life is?? Tennis anyone?
    albear Posts: 1,594, Reputation: 222
    Ultra Member

Jul 23, 2007, 01:18 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by pmh383388
    What is the purpose of our life ? To enjoy ? To suffer ?
    To carry on the human existence
    Uber Member

Jul 23, 2007, 01:18 PM
    Ping pong? :D

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Born in you.S With diplomatic parents [ 12 Answers ]

Hi, I would like to know if there is someone with similar issue or if any body can help. I was born in NY and my dad was a diplomat. Under the 14th amendment all people born on U.S soil have the right to citizenship. Except children of foreign diplomats. I currently live abroad and would like...

Looking for brother born 7/2/47 [ 1 Answers ]

I am looking for my half brother who was born in Michigan on July 2 1947. I was wondering is it possible to get a list of male's born on that date who live in and out of Michigan. And is there a way to find spouses and family. Thank you Connie

Born 9-6-1966 then given away to lonelyless [ 2 Answers ]

9-6-66 detroit MI hi yellow complextion rare facial molds on face.brown eyes exstremly talented .poet.artist.survivor.and thinker.Please assist. SEEKING BIOLOGICAL MOTHER THAT CONCEIEVED BOY IN 1966 SEPTEMBER NATIVE OF MICHICAN. HOW DO I FIND HER WITH NO FUNDS DUE TO UNEMPLOYMENT AND ODD JOBS TO...

New born kitten care [ 3 Answers ]

Hi everyone, I hope some of you out there can help me out with this. My cat Kida just gave birth to 4 precious little kittens. Unfortunately I was not home at the time & so she had them at the neighbours house. Now Kida had a few fleas on her before the birth, I was using a flea comb but it...

View more questions Search