Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Sep 11, 2007, 11:28 AM
    deist, can you explain why you think there cannot be 2 infinite gods?
    deist Posts: 225, Reputation: 7

Sep 11, 2007, 02:06 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Capuchin
    deist, can you explain why you think there cannot be 2 infinite gods?
    It just occurs to me, & seems logical, that more than one infinite being would not really be infinite. If two beings existed & both claimed to be supreme, that wouldn't make sense, as supreme means there is none as high or higher.
    magprob Posts: 1,877, Reputation: 300
    Ultra Member

Sep 11, 2007, 07:34 PM
    All are but parts of one stupendous whole, Whose body Nature is, and God the soul.
    Uber Member

Sep 11, 2007, 11:30 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by deist
    It just occurs to me, & seems logical, that more than one infinite being would not really be infinite. If two beings existed & both claimed to be supreme, that wouldn't make sense, as supreme means there is none as high or higher.
    Well you didn't say supreme -_-
    StuMegu Posts: 576, Reputation: 64

Sep 12, 2007, 10:36 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by firmbeliever
    thats a funny way of saying it.:).

I believe God was never made (out of nothing or out of anything),
    God always existed and always will, without a beginning and an end.

And that is the only consistency, that I believe...
    If you're not prepared to answer the same question, lets just say that the computer has always existed - and always will in response to your original question.

Gee, it's easy to avoid difficult questions isn't it!

WHO MADE GOD?? - No religious person can answer this one but it's a reasonable question.

WHY MAKE A GOD?

Why do gods enjoy making all the people trying to be good feel guilty, whilst ignoring the bad deeds of people who don't care?
    firmbeliever Posts: 2,919, Reputation: 463
    Ultra Member

Sep 12, 2007, 11:28 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by StuMegu
    If you're not prepared to answer the same question, lets just say that the computer has always existed - and always will in response to your original question.

WHO MADE GOD??? - No religious person can answer this one but it's a reasonable question.

WHY MAKE A GOD??

Why do gods enjoy making all the people trying to be good feel guilty, whilst ignoring the bad deeds of people who don't care?
    :D It is easy to avoid difficult questions,but other than that I try to stay away from things I may not know about:)

I wonder why God has to be made by someone or something?He is not human nor is He animal or half human or half animal or half plant for that matter.
    He is unique from any of His creations. As the Creator, He has no characteristics similar to His creations, so He is not born nor has he begotten.He does not die.If He had to have a birth and a death, I would think that would make Him cease to be God.

And God does not have to be made.He always existed, it is just that humans and jinns are forgetting His existence.All other created beings acknowledge and bow down to His will.

And about ignoring the bad deeds of people, some people are left to their own vices until they die when everyone will be judged on their deeds good or bad and each will have their due.

That I believe is the truth, even if no one accepts or believes it.
    Ultra Member

Sep 12, 2007, 12:07 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by colbraofsnakes
    there is no god when you soell god backwards it spells dog think about it
    :) Think about what?
    That words can be spelled backwards?

God is only a word in English...
    What about all the other languages?:)
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Sep 12, 2007, 02:41 PM
    That's so much crap, as there is always a price to pay for whatever you do!! You may not pay the price now, but you will. You may not get the blessings now, BUT YOU WILL!!
    Ultra Member

Sep 12, 2007, 04:19 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman
    Thats so much crap, as there is always a price to pay for whatever you do!!! You may not pay the price now, but you will. You may not get the blessings now, BUT YOU WILL!!!
    Talaniman,
    That was so well said.

Price has to be paid now or later, but there is no avoiding it forever.
    Blessings will also be given now or later,and there's no avoiding that either:)

Sep 13, 2007, 11:47 AM
    Who made God? - Ignorance, God is used to explain things we don't understand yet.

Why make God? - to make other people do your will. How else do you ask a man to give his life for something he otherwise wouldn't care about. You run around crying holy war - you have to do it for God or you won't go to heaven. Religion is a way of manipulating people into doing something you couldn't normally convince them to do. It's also used as a pacifier to comfort people when tragedy strikes. It makes people feel better to know that that person has gone to heaven etc.

Knowledge will be the end of religion eventually. This is clear. Do you still fear that god is angry with you when there is a thunder storm - think about it. Do you feel like you have done wrong and that is the reason for the storm like people used to? Or do you watch the weather forecast and know that the storm will be over in the morning - whether you have been bad or good.

Thanks for the chat guys, I'm sure we'll never agree on this stuff but I wish you all a nice life anyway.
    Ultra Member

Sep 13, 2007, 12:04 PM
    Who made God? - Ignorance, God is used to explain things we don't understand yet.

Why make God? - to make other people do your will. How else do you ask a man to give his life for something he otherwise wouldn't care about. You run around crying holy war - you have to do it for God or you won't go to heaven. Religion is a way of manipulating people into doing something you couldn't normally convince them to do. It's also used as a pacifier to comfort people when tragedy strikes. It makes people feel better to know that that person has gone to heaven etc.

Knowledge will be the end of religion eventually. This is clear. Do you still fear that god is angry with you when there is a thunder storm - think about it. Do you feel like you have done wrong and that is the reason for the storm like people used to? Or do you watch the weather forecast and know that the storm will be over in the morning - whether you have been bad or good.

Thanks for the chat guys, I'm sure we'll never agree on this stuff but I wish you all a nice life anyway.

I agree to disagree.:)
    Knowledge does not necessarily have to end religion,for me it strengthens mine.
    Wangdoodle Posts: 217, Reputation: 50

Sep 13, 2007, 05:55 PM

WHO MADE GOD??? - No religious person can answer this one but it's a reasonable question.

WHY MAKE A GOD??

God was not made. He simply Is. If there were ever a time when nothing existed then there would be nothing today. Something does not come from nothing. Nothing plus nothing equals nothing. Yet, here we are. So, I think that something must be uncreated, something that has always existed. To me, that something is God. God does not have a beginning, so He does not have a cause.
    Uber Member

Sep 13, 2007, 11:41 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wangdoodle
    God was not made. He simply Is. If there were ever a time when nothing existed then there would be nothing today. Something does not come from nothing. Nothing plus nothing equals nothing. Yet, here we are. So, I think that something must be uncreated, something that has always existed. To me, that something is God. God does not have a beginning, so He does not have a cause.
    Why do you think that the universe cannot be uncreated?

Sep 14, 2007, 10:30 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wangdoodle
    Classic example of ignorance creating God. Because we don't know exactly how the universe(s) came about we therefore assume God did it! The fact that we think something does not come from nothing has nothing to do with whether God exists or not.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Sep 14, 2007, 10:37 AM
    Stu,

You can't argue with:

Name:  CircularReasoning.jpg
Views: 49
Size:  21.7 KB

Sep 14, 2007, 10:49 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma
    Stu,

You can't argue with:

Name:  CircularReasoning.jpg
Views: 49
Size:  21.7 KB
    LOL:D

Tis true Need. But nevertheless Sport is Sport and I've had a long week:)
    deist Posts: 225, Reputation: 7

Sep 14, 2007, 02:50 PM
    LOL:D

Tis true Need. But nevertheless Sport is Sport and I've had a long week:)
    I thought askmehelpdesk was for sharing information & ideas, not making sport.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Sep 14, 2007, 03:07 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by deist
    I thought askmehelpdesk was for sharing information & ideas, not making sport.
    It's sometimes for both when the situation fits.

Sep 14, 2007, 06:02 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Capuchin
    Why do you think that the universe cannot be uncreated?
    I am following the theory that the universe has a beginning.

Sep 14, 2007, 06:04 PM
    Classic example of ignorance creating God. Because we don't know exactly how the universe(s) came about we therefore assume God did it! The fact that we think something does not come from nothing has nothing to do with whether God exists or not.
    You asked who made God. Not, does God exist. So, the premises in your question is that God does exist. My answer is referring to who made God.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

God! [ 51 Answers ]

What does God look like? HANK :)

Do you need God [ 12 Answers ]

I know I do need god how about you I get through the daywith god I ask him for help and I get it but not all the time

Where did God come from? [ 20 Answers ]

We are all Christians and attend church regularly. After service one Sunday my 8 yo comes to me and asks this question. Daddy, if God created the heavens and the earth, and all living creatures, etc. then who created God? If he had a Mommy and Daddy, where did they come from? I laughed......

God or Not? [ 30 Answers ]

Is it allowed for us to debate over the creation/evolution? Or if there is a God, or if Allah is God? If not, post your personal beliefs and why you believe that. I thought I Was Lutheran-Christian, but when I was confirmed, I truly asked myself "Why do I believe this?" And my only answer was...

Oh my god what do I do... [ 4 Answers ]

Me and my girlfriend have been together for 7 months and I honestly thought that I loved her. I think that now I only really want her as a friend because she has tried to change me from what I am. I am the type who likes to go out and have fun with friends, and smoke and stuff like that. I was out...

View more questions Search