Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    emporor008 Posts: 31, Reputation: 4

Jun 11, 2005, 06:27 PM
    Photoshop Or Jasc
    Which of these progs do you perfer I would chose Photoshop.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jun 12, 2005, 04:34 AM
    Photoshop is the choice of professional's. Paint Shop Pro is generally considered the poor man's Photoshop. If you can afford Photoshop go for it. Otherwise PSP is an excellent alternative.
    emporor008 Posts: 31, Reputation: 4

Jun 12, 2005, 01:59 PM
    Actually
    I use photoshop myself and iv'e tried psp but I think photoshop is the best so far.
    jenepher Posts: 5, Reputation: 2

Jun 24, 2005, 04:37 PM
    Photoshop can do much more
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Aug 15, 2005, 09:15 AM
    Another option: PhotoshopElements: Many of the great features of Photoshop but only $89.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Aug 15, 2005, 09:33 AM
    I'm a big PaintShop Pro user. I don't usually create graphics from scratch, I modify existing graphics. I find PSP to be a leaner program and more intuitive for me. (I use Version 7.01 for the record)
    dj-bri-t Posts: 18, Reputation: 1

Sep 5, 2005, 09:10 AM
    I used to use PSP, and when I first started with Photoshop I didn't really like it that much. You soon find, though, that Photoshop is a much more powerful program and isn't that hard to use with a bit of practice.

And I personally would splurge and by Photoshop instead of Elements. I think it's worth it in the long run.
    Sage Posts: 35, Reputation: 2

Nov 20, 2005, 12:32 AM
    If you're a student you can go here and get yourself an inexpensive copy of Photoshop

www.journeyed.com
    keyscl Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Nov 21, 2005, 09:25 AM
    Paint Shop Pro v. Photoshop
    "I used to use PSP, and when I first started with Photoshop I didn't really like it that much. You soon find, though, that Photoshop is a much more powerful program and isn't that hard to use with a bit of practice."

I disagree with dj-bri-t. Photoshop and Paint Shop Pro (PSP) are pretty much the same. In fact, almost exactly so, what with PSP being essentially a shareware clone of PS. It's only a matter of how they're laid out, and the names of the various tools. Almost any plug-in designed to work with Photoshop will work with PSP (I'm now using v 8.x).

Photoshop has a more clean interface, where "filters" are found under menu headings, and other options are also under central menu headings. PSP is more like everything is in your face, and right there. It may seem confusing, but then Photoshop may seem too simple.

Whatever anyone can do in Photoshop, I can replicate in Paint Shop Pro. The cost difference is very significant, so I would recommend that people on a budget forget about spending the overblown cost of the Adobe product. For an even less expensive option, albeit without the reference manuals, try the Open Source program "Gimp." This is even a closer clone of Photoshop but it's free, and runs on any operating system.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 22, 2005, 06:30 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by keyscl
    I disagree with dj-bri-t. Photoshop and Paint Shop Pro (PSP) are pretty much the same. In fact, almost exactly so, what with PSP being essentially a shareware clone of PS. It's only a matter of how they're laid out, and the names of the various tools. Almost any plug-in designed to work with Photoshop will work with PSP (I'm now using v 8.x).
    PSP has often been called the poor man's Photoshop. It is a great alternative for those who can't afford Photoshop. But to say they are pretty much the same is going too far. Photoshop still seems the choice of pros. I sincerely doubt if Adobe could continue to charge the prices it does is PSP could do everything that Photoshop does.
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Nov 22, 2005, 07:54 AM
    Image Program
    Hi,
    For what it's worth, my wife and I use Paint Shop Pro, Version 7.04. We both are still learning it after a couple of years now!
    It does about everything she wants to do. It does have a fairly "steep" learning curve, with tutorials all over the web. There are also tutorials in different Yahoo Groups, with some groups devoting "how to" in emails and help. The PSP manual is about an inch thick!
    I don't know if it's better than the other program, cause I haven't used the other one. But, it might be a good idea to go for the cheaper one, if money is tight.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Photoshop experts - need help with Paint Bucket tool [ 5 Answers ]

Is there a way to select a color I can see on an image and use that color to 'flood/fill' an area? For example I paste a logo as a layer and I want to use one of the colors of the logo as the background color.

Photoshop [ 1 Answers ]

How do we edit color of an object after creating alpha channels.

Can I install my copy of Photoshop on 2 computers? [ 2 Answers ]

I have a work desktop computer and a work laptop for home and the road. Can I install the same licensed version of Photoshop on each computer knowing that I'll only be using one OR the other at a time? Basically I'm designating the license as a One Concurrent User license. Is this OK?

PhotoShop (I think) [ 2 Answers ]

I am totally new to this forum and to a lot of computer stuff. I have (through some miracle) created a folder I call "My pictures" - into which I have filed ALL the pictures I've taken with my camera. Now I realize that it would have been a good idea to create folders (such as "Family" -...

View more questions Search