Ask
    mjmurphy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 17, 2007, 05:42 PM
    Belford university
    Is Belford University real.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 17, 2007, 05:56 PM
    Yes they have a nice web site, I would even bet they have a office somewhere. And I have not even heard a complaint that they did not mail their paperwork after you mail them your money.

Now they are not acredited ( at least the one I am thinking of) so it is basically a fairly expensive wall hanging.

But for diploma mills this company has a good track record of not cheating anyone from the best I can tell
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jun 17, 2007, 06:02 PM
    Not to mention that because they are not accredited any courses you would take will not be transferrable to another university.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 17, 2007, 07:07 PM
    I don't always pick on non accredited colleges, but dipolma mills I do.
    If they offer real classes that you take online where you actually study and take classes, you learn, your work and you will grow from it.

If you write them a check and they send you the dipolma you have something to hang on the wall.

Now there are many schools that have great track records where the study is hard and they are not accredited, There are some law schools that are not accredited or even US Bar listed, but they are accepted by the state to sit for their bar exam.
    There are some areas of study, like herbs and natural healing where there is no real acredited schools, but there are many very great online schools that are a lot of hard work, they are not cheap but they are great schools.

Now if you are wanting to do something with the degree, transfer, get a advanced degree from an accredited school, then these degrees have little value.

I have degrees from several non accredited schools myself, but they are all earned not bought degrees. And my church order has its own school that we send most of our new brothers though, the classes are hard at times, and you earn that degree when you get though, but again it is not accredited, many church seminaries and church schools are not accredited.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jun 17, 2007, 07:13 PM
    I agree with you Chuck, but sometimes if someone wants to further their education, and they went to a non-accredited school, then their money was wasted because an accredited school will not transfer the credits previously earned and all classes will have to be taken over again. Thus, more dough out of pocket.

So, sometimes it does not pay to attend a non-accredited school.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Jun 17, 2007, 10:27 PM
    Please refer to THIS STICKY
    borrom Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

May 2, 2008, 01:59 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by mjmurphy
    Is Belford University real.
    Don't bother because there qualifications won't be recognized. Do u think u can get a degree by just doing a simple exam online?
    tracer1531 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 16, 2010, 10:12 AM

There is no school to attend nor do you take any classes. Basically you send them your money and they send you a worthless piece of paper.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Belford University [ 5 Answers ]

Is there anyone out there who knows what Belford University and their life experience degrees is worth? I know for sure I have been receiving mails from this people since last year. Is there degrees really recognized anywhere? Or are they just another SCAM? Are experience certficates really valued...

Belford University [ 6 Answers ]

Hi there.. Iam doing my immgration steps to Canada , and thy asking about my Masters degree . So, my Q is , is Belford University Masters degree is qualfies as a Master's in Canada? Plez answer me quick. Thanks a lot

Belford university [ 6 Answers ]

What state and city is belford university located in the usa?

Belford University [ 1 Answers ]

Is this online university based and accreditted in USA ? If no, who is Belford University ? And why is USA ' Education Department not taking any legal steps, against such institutions in the interest of protecting their good educational system and for innocent people? Thanks

View more questions Search