Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    southarn_gal395 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 17, 2007, 02:01 PM
    Unwanted/threatining phone calls
    My boyfriends ex has found my number in the phone book. The problem is that I live at home with my parents and I do not have a land line, only a cell phone. I stay on the upper floor of their home by myself and can not hear the phone down stairs. The problem is that she calls at all hours of the day. She calls and calls repeatedly. We have the thing on the phone that requires people to show the number they are calling from so when we know it is her we block the number. She finds a different number to call from every time. We have written down the numbers that she has called from but we don't have any voice recordings. Is it even possible to put a restraining order on somebody who does not call from the same number every time. I don't know how to prove to the police that that is the person who is harassing me. This has gone on for too long and I do not know what to do to make her stop calling. Please someone help me.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jun 17, 2007, 02:04 PM
    Your parents can change their number to a non-published number. Is that possible?
    rockstar567 Posts: 77, Reputation: 2

Jun 17, 2007, 02:05 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by southarn_gal395
    My boyfriends ex has found my number in the phone book. The problem is that I live at home with my parents and I do not have a land line, only a cell phone. I stay on the upper floor of their home by myself and can not hear the phone down stairs. The problem is that she calls at all hours of the day. She calls and calls repeatedly. We have the thing on the phone that requires people to show the number they are calling from so when we know it is her we block the number. She finds a different number to call from everytime. We have written down the numbers that she has called from but we don't have any voice recordings. Is it even possible to put a restraining order on somebody who does not call from the same number everytime. I don't know how to prove to the police that that is the person who is harrassing me. This has gone on for too long and I do not know what to do to make her stop calling. Please someone help me.
    I think you can still put restranging orders on her. But if she calls repeatdly just pick up the phone tell her 2 stop calling & tell her that you don't feel the same way about her & if she keeps calling call the police
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Jun 17, 2007, 02:51 PM
    Don't know if changing number will help, Probably will get number from someone you both know?
    Radio shack makes a recording accessory for your cell phone, will record both sides.
    It will maybe give you some ammo. People can be a pain sometimes.
    hvacservicetech_07 Posts: 1,083, Reputation: 75
    Ultra Member

Jun 17, 2007, 03:18 PM
    I'd call the police, maybe they would be willing to at least talk to her, give them the numbers that she has called from, they will be able to trace it to her.
    Uber Member

Jun 17, 2007, 03:27 PM
    Maybe go to: White Pages, Yellow Pages, Maps and Directions on AnyWho
    Cick on reverse lookup, type in Area code and phone number, You will now have list
    Of maybe Names and Address's to go with Numbers. Good Luck, Don' get into trouble, and hope your problem goes away.
    acicomp Posts: 81, Reputation: 9

Jul 5, 2007, 09:25 PM
    In order to get the higher ups involved, you will need to file a complaint with the phone company. If they seem hesitant to help the phone the police. You must keep in mind that you need to report harassing and threatening phone calls. They will handle it from there. Basically, they will run a trace on your line and when you receive the calls, you will notify them of the call and eventually they will force her to stop calling.
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Jul 5, 2007, 09:49 PM
    So... what I'm confused about is this: Is she calling your parents' land line? Or your cell phone?

Best answer is to report all harassing calls to the phone company.

Next thing is: Don't answer any number you don't KNOW. If that means you miss a call from Great Aunt Bertha and she has to leave a message, then so be it.

NEXT thing is: Turn off the ringer on the phone at night.

Once she stops getting a reaction, she will likely stop the calls.

The OTHER thing you can do is tell your boyfriend to tell his ex to leave you the heck alone.

God, the stupid things people do out of spite to their exes, or with the hope of getting them back, is just amazing to me sometimes.
    benn11 Posts: 1,036, Reputation: 43
    Ultra Member

Jul 6, 2007, 06:19 AM
    Why don't you contact your telecommunication company to get a pattern of where this calls are being called from and see whether they trace it to a specific person or area?
    Uber Member

Jul 6, 2007, 06:43 AM
    If you have done call tracing, and authorities won't help, and nothing else will work, and the law says "Nothing we can do" Maybe get a dialer, and have it dial her house, every hour on the hour, Or through the middle of the night. I hate weasels. Good Luck.
    Do program dialer to block your number also. Let her wonder, and lose sleep. You may have to turn off your ringer at night, probably already doing that.
    Getting the telco company to help around here doesn't work.
    Don't seem to care about their customers, only making money, they got so bad, they had to change their name.
    repo Posts: 6, Reputation: 2

Nov 6, 2007, 07:08 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by southarn_gal395
    My boyfriends ex has found my number in the phone book. The problem is that I live at home with my parents and I do not have a land line, only a cell phone. I stay on the upper floor of their home by myself and can not hear the phone down stairs. The problem is that she calls at all hours of the day. She calls and calls repeatedly. We have the thing on the phone that requires people to show the number they are calling from so when we know it is her we block the number. She finds a different number to call from everytime. We have written down the numbers that she has called from but we don't have any voice recordings. Is it even possible to put a restraining order on somebody who does not call from the same number everytime. I don't know how to prove to the police that that is the person who is harrassing me. This has gone on for too long and I do not know what to do to make her stop calling. Please someone help me.
    You can simply write down the next number she calls from and go to Pinpoint Recovery - NC repo services and get the name and billing address to ANY phone including cell phones, non published and voice mail & pager numbers. Then take your bill and find when she called and there is your evidence.
    repo Posts: 6, Reputation: 2

Nov 6, 2007, 07:10 PM
    You can also get the name and address to the disconected numbers you already have. At Pinpoint Recovery - NC repo services

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Unwanted phone calls and text messages [ 4 Answers ]

My friend has been getting calls and text messages from a certain cell phone number. He has tried every means possiable including the local police department, to find out who this is. What he has found out is that it is a TracPhone (pre-paid). That's it. Is there anyone out there that can tell...

Unwanted phone calls [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I have been getting some harassing phone calls from my boyfriend's ex I called told her stop calling is there a way to stop this without changing my number? I was going to call the police but now her daughter is harassing me too. Any suggestions please ? Phone help4

Phone Calls [ 3 Answers ]

:( my husband and I have known the other for a year this past may '07, but we got married feb '07. I found numbers in his wallet and found out he had been calling these two women. He works hard and takes care of our family and I know he loves the hell out of me. We have a very good sex life and...

Unwated phone calls [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, I have been getting some harassing phone calls from my boyfriend's ex I called told her stop calling is there a way to stop this without changing my number? I was going to call the police but now her daughter is harassing me too. Any suggestions please ? Phone help4

How are cell phone calls transmitted [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, When I make a cellphone call from say Louisiana to California, how is the call transmitted: I am interested in knowing the exact details. How many base stations may be involved and when? When are wireless and wired mediums used? Is the method of transmission similar to that of a landline...

View more questions Search