Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nauticalstar420 Posts: 3,699, Reputation: 423
    Ultra Member

Jun 17, 2007, 11:39 AM
    Job consideration
    A company is considering me for some at home work on data entry and typing. They say I will get $15.00 for every project I complete, giving me a projected salary of $500.00 per week. How can I get in contact with someone to find out if this is legit? Here is one of the Q & A's from the email they sent me, tell me if this sounds right to you.

Q: What’s the company name and website?

A: Our company name is Enok Designz & Associates. This is an independent project that requires assistance from other individuals like you to complete application orders. There is no website required.

No website? Is that normal?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jun 17, 2007, 12:23 PM
    Not everyone has a website or needs one. I wonder how you found this company? Are they asking for any money upfront? How big a project is this one, how many pages? A reasonable pay would be in the $3-$5 per paqe range so we aren't talking about a big project here. I question a firm that would need to farm out a 3-5 page project.
    Ultra Member

Jun 17, 2007, 12:25 PM
    Okay I thought it sounded funny that they didn't have a website, but its okay. They're asking for $15.00 upfront for training materials, but that didn't sound THAT bad to be since other people are asking $30-50 dollars upfront. I'm just wondering if I'd be throwing that 15 bucks away. Its not that much money, but it'll get me half a tank of gas. LOL.

Jun 17, 2007, 03:12 PM
    Yes you probably would be throwing it away. No legitimate firm will ask for money up front.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 17, 2007, 03:22 PM
    Never pay anyone with the hope of getting more money back. The only companies I know of that pay for data entry and typing are companies that allow employees to work from home. You have to have proven yourself first by working in the office setting before they let you work from home.

The only possible legit work-at-home possibilities would be for assigned writing projects, for greeting card companies (art and writing work), and for techie kinds of work that can be sent electronically. For instance, a publisher asked me to write a certain kind of book, I sent it to him electronically, got paid for it, but never had to pay anything up front for the privilege.
    Ultra Member

Jun 18, 2007, 11:16 AM
    Thanks so much for all of your advice :) I figured since they were asking for a less amount of money than others it might be okay. Good thing I asked. Thanks!
    Ultra Member

Jun 18, 2007, 03:47 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by shel3811
    Ive been trough alot of work from home company scams. I am with one that is good though. heres the site YTB.com its legit. I joined and am making about 5,000 a month so far just for people booking trips,concerts, car rentals etc. all you do is sign up/join in becoming a travel agent you get your own web site and refer people to your site to book a trip, car rental concerts etc and they pay you for each booking.

That sounds like a fun job. Do you have to pay money up front?

Jun 18, 2007, 04:06 PM
    YTB appears to be a pyramid setup similar to Coastal. Agents make money by selling tours but more by getting other agents to sign up. There appears to be a $49.95 enrollment fee (check out the website).
    Ultra Member

Jun 18, 2007, 04:09 PM
    I already looked at it. You can be a Rep for free, but you have to enter your social security number, which I know you usually have to for any job, but I really don't like entering it over the internet. I know its weird but just a little scare that I have that someone's going to take over my identity or something.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tax re: Full-time job in NJ and Part-time job in Brooklyn,NY [ 1 Answers ]

Am a Jersey resident working full-time(40 hours, AGI~$60,000) in Jersey claiming 5. May be accepting position in Brooklyn, NY for additional part-time (16 hours,AGI~$19,000-23,000) Have read responses about resident in Jersey working in NY with one job. Since my part-time position is in NY, I...

My job [ 1 Answers ]

Hi This is first time I took this option as I am really desperate . My name is Danish I'm 27 my DOB is 22 July 1979 ,married ,I came to toronto in early age so I could have bright future .well right now I'm very much stuck with my job and my Boss is very ignorant and un mannered person who ...

Insufficient consideration [ 5 Answers ]

Insufficient consideration

Doctrine of Consideration [ 1 Answers ]

To which extent the doctrine of consideration remains a necessary element of English Law

Consideration to design 1 deg. C CHW supply DCS. [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, buddy.. I'm new here, I have though problem, since my bos ask me to design a 40,000RT district cooling plant (DCS) which supply temp. 1 deg.C. and return 13 deg. C. What I plan to do is using 2 centrifugal chillers with series position to achieve 1 deg.C. its possible.. what is the...

View more questions Search