Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Lenovo Posts: 180, Reputation: 14

Jun 17, 2007, 07:44 AM
    Security cameras
    Ok, this may sound like something from a James Bond movie, but is there a kind of camera that I can install, and have a tiny video screen on my wrist, almost like a watch? Just curious about that, my real question is, is there a website or something I can go to to get small security cameras, like, really small, the smaller the better. Also, what about things like pin cameras,as in the movie Italian Job, where she had a pin on her shirt that was actually a camera, but any reply is welcome, thanks.
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Jun 17, 2007, 08:09 AM
    Don't know where you live, this may work for watch:

The Wrist TV Watch - IT News - Playfuls.com - Play your life!

For the camera, try:

Security Camera, Video Surveillance System, CCTV Camera Security System, Wireless Video Security

Video camera may need TV frequency transmitter, if not built in.
    You can get cameras that look like a screw.
    Any more James Bond stuff?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jun 17, 2007, 08:21 AM
    Hello again, Len:

Everything you want is technically available except the watch, if I understand what you want the watch to do. You want it to show the feed from your camera. Nope - not yet.

In my town we have several shops that sell stuff like that. One is called the Spy Shop. You must have something like that in your city. Look in the yellow pages.

excon
    Uber Member

Jun 17, 2007, 08:23 AM
    They DO make the Watch, It is in link provided?
    There are others.
    You may have drank the Kool Aid.
    Lenovo Posts: 180, Reputation: 14

Jun 17, 2007, 08:34 AM
    OK, OK, I drank the Kool Aid
    Uber Member

Jun 17, 2007, 09:04 AM
    Hello again, Strat:

I don't know. In the first place I'm IN the security business. In the second place, because new things do happen, I followed the link to read about the watch/TV.

Well, it's TV. It ISN'T a closed circuit TV monitor for your camera at home. That would be a very cool device, but this ain't it.

Nope, still ain't drunk no kool-aid.

excon
    Uber Member

Jun 17, 2007, 09:21 AM
    Lenovo, we all drank the Kool Aid. I was referring to excons note at bottom of his post. No harm intended to either.

excon,
    It will do what he is asking. Which is, see camera on wrist watch. If he wants it to have closed circuit system, Then connect watch to a coax, and drag around, other end will go to camera.
    You normally don't transmit composite video, you give it a channel, or frequency, the watch will be the receiver.
    In watches, they have video, cameras, GPS, altimeters, compasses, cellphones, IR transmitters, detectors, about anything.
    Uber Member

Jun 17, 2007, 10:05 AM
    Hello again, strat:

Couple things. If I understand correctly, and I may not, what he wants to do is set up a camera at home and prance around town watching what the camera sees on his wristwatch/TV. This TV won't do that.

Closed circuit doesn't necessarily mean hard wired, so one can view a cctv system anywhere. Besides, he certainly doesn't want to connect it to a cable, and the watch won't do that anyway.

I don't disagree with you that the watch COULD be a monitor for a camera at some other location. But it isn't. The watch, however, isn't the problem. It's the transmitter. How does the camera at home transmit a wireless signal to the watch? It doesn't.

It could be done through the cell phone network, in fact, so I take back my earlier claim about technological feasability. But this watch doesn't do that. It's a wireless commercial TV set. That's all it is. And, I see that it only picks up UK programming.

excon
    Uber Member

Jun 17, 2007, 02:38 PM
    I didn't know he wanted to do around town. I was thinking around house. Some one knock at door, keep eye on kids while around house, swimming pool.

What he needs is a "Network Wristwatch"
    I don't know where he is. I did read for UK. I hope he is in UK. If not, video wristwatch
    Will have to go through couple of searches.
    He could have network service in vehicle, and transmit on channel receivable.
    He now can go around town, Just not far away from Vehicle.
    I will find one for US, Hope he is in US.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Types of Cameras [ 4 Answers ]

What is a good but inexpensive camera that you have heard of or bought? I've been really interested in photography for a few years and want it to become my proffession when I'm older, but I don't have much experience as I only have a digital camera that doesn't have very good quality or zoom. Any...

Digital Cameras [ 2 Answers ]

If you could only afford to pay $500 to purchase a digital camera which one would you purchase and why.

Concelear problems with cameras [ 1 Answers ]

OK so I have dark undereye circles do to my allergies and I do wear concelear and makeup, which covers it up fine and blends into my face but if I ever take a picture with a flash, it looks like I'm wearing a white mask around my eyes... why is that?? And how can I make it stop?

Upgrading cameras ? [ 3 Answers ]

I am currently using a 3.5 mp Sony cyber-shot that is a couple of years old. I am somewhat frustrated with it because I have to be reasonably close to things (something dogs don't like), but not too close (VERY hard to get good flower photos) and the colors are "off" on the blue/black/purple...

View more questions Search