Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rockerchick_682 Posts: 496, Reputation: 72

Jun 16, 2007, 11:58 PM
    One Night Stand
    I'm so pissed at myself, I can't admit it to anyone I know, so I'll say it on here. I had a one night stand and I feel disgusting. Never again
    nauticalstar420 Posts: 3,699, Reputation: 423
    Ultra Member

Jun 17, 2007, 12:11 AM
    There are lots of people that go through that. It doesn't make you any less of a good person. Don't be so hard on yourself. Its actually a good thing that you learned something about yourself, being that something like that is not for you. Sometimes you have to experience things to find out you don't like them :)
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jun 18, 2007, 06:18 AM
    Now you see why I think one night stands aren't worth it. Yeah they CAN be hot with a new person but in the end you don't know what works for each other and someone ends up walking away unfulfilled. Usually it's the woman. But the guy can walk away with an emptiness that you don't have with a regular partner.

Consider this a learning experience. You also have the fear of STD's such as Aids, Herpes, Hep C, and others. You don't really know if they were honest about being clean or not.
    iAMfromHuntersBar Posts: 943, Reputation: 146

Jun 18, 2007, 06:36 AM
    That's a shame, I've had a few one night stands and wouldn't say any of them were anything other than good fun!

So long as you're smart, play it safe and know what you're going in for, I don't see a problem with them!

After all, as has been said above, it's all about experiences!
    MishcaParker Posts: 14, Reputation: 3

Jun 18, 2007, 08:30 PM
    Life and youth is all about experiences and learning about ourselves. You should not feel less of a person for having a one night stand and my view is both people involved are of equal standing therefore you cannot have a stud and a sl*t. Some people like myself a quite comfortable when it comes to one night stands but I would never not use protection, go to or have a stranger at my home or get involved with someone who was in a relationship but I also respect those who choose to remain virgins until marriage. Sexuality within limits (obvious legal/liberal moral standings) is an individual choice and you will make a better person for nowing your comfort limits and respecting yourself by keeping within those. Cheer up you're a beautiful girl, with a beautiful soul.
    rankrank55 Posts: 1,259, Reputation: 177
    Ultra Member

Jun 18, 2007, 08:40 PM
    Don't beat yourself up about it... you learned something and that's all that matters. Starting now, take a deep breath and give yourself a new clean slate to work with... you are worth it! ;)
    Dennis777 Posts: 478, Reputation: 124

Jun 18, 2007, 09:04 PM
    Hello.

The night is over and there is nothing that can be done about it so take a step back and look at the positive that came out of it. It's OK to have enjoyed it even if its something you don't want to do in the future.
    LuvMyMaltipoo Posts: 281, Reputation: 39

Jun 18, 2007, 09:12 PM
    I agree with the others. At least you know it wasn't right and have learned from it.

Don't beat yourself up, it does not make you a disgusting person. If you were a disgusting person you would have no shame and continue on with it.
    sprewel1614 Posts: 7, Reputation: 3

Dec 31, 2007, 04:48 PM
    Don't feel all that bad, you learned from it. Unless you want nothing less than a boyfriend who's never had a one nighter (lol good luck with that) then you shouldn't consider it a huge deal.
    Choux Posts: 3,047, Reputation: 376
    Ultra Member

Dec 31, 2007, 08:01 PM
    I had a few one-nighters in the olden days before catching a disease became a common occurence--today, I couldn't even think of being so freewheeling because of the disease factor... it is not such a big deal as long as you can come away from your experiences having learned something. You're upset... just refocus on what kind of person you want to be since you are disgusted with yourself.
    babyrayblue Posts: 13, Reputation: 2

Jan 14, 2008, 04:13 PM
    I've only had one one-night stand. And felt much the same. Very Very uncomfortable about the whole ordeal. However after the "sex" we exchanged email addresses and kept in touch. Emails felt safe as we could keep a solid distance between us.

Ironically we both sent apologies to each other right after. Explained to each other why it was we did what we did. Began to discuss the circumstances in our lives that had led us to such a state. We've been together now for over two years. Still communicate well. We both have our own issues, as to be expected with any persons and relationship. But overall we are doing well. We continue to communicate. And in any relationship that is important.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Where Do I Stand If I Decide To Stand Up To Them? [ 26 Answers ]

I am posting this on behalf of my sister. She Wrote - Where do I stand if I decide to stand up to them and say enough is enough? This is the short version, I will go into more detail as we go along. I hope you can help me. I am in need of some serious advice. Got 2 grandchildren...

Pregnant after one night stand.I might not be father [ 5 Answers ]

Hello anyone there... please help me with this. I was involved with a girl I met online about a month ago... we had a one night stand. I used condoms... she said she was catholic and does not want to use pills, but was just 1-2 days out of her periods. I am very confident that there was no condom...

Pregnant By A 3-Night Stand! Guy Is A Mean Loser! [ 2 Answers ]

He's a loser and I'm an idiot woman. I am pregnant (about 1 month) and this guy and I had sex 3 times in the last year. He's being mean and nasty and/or ignoring me now, so I'd like to know what rights I have and what he will be mandated to do as far as financial support. I didn't do this alone,...

Where do I stand? [ 1 Answers ]

I am new to this site but my head is going crazy with thought an I need help pleasssse I met this guy about 2 weeks ago we have been on 3 dates which were all really good we have spoke everyday by phone or text but I felt like maybe I was always in touch with him first then read this article about...

View more questions Search