Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    StacyP2006 Posts: 36, Reputation: 8

Jun 16, 2007, 10:34 PM
    Animated movie from mid 90s
    This was an animated movie that came out around 1994 or 95. All I remember about this movie is it was about a little boy and he goes on some kind of adventure. I don't even remember what the adventure was. I remember having a coloring book that went with it. I don't think it was disney but I could be wrong. And for some reason I feel like it had something to do with books or stories because I think the coloring book had a picture of the boy and books falling.
    I know there isn't much to work with there but any help would be appreciated, its been driving me nuts!
    J2nkU Posts: 15, Reputation: 2

Jun 17, 2007, 05:13 AM
    Books.. only animated movie I can remember in that time was the 1994 movie "Pagemaster"(http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0110763/), but I don't remember if he had a coloring book with him. Saw this movie a long time ago meself. Hope this helped you out.
    stardust713 Posts: 334, Reputation: 65

Jun 17, 2007, 12:14 PM
    I second the "Pagemaster" Idea. I seem to remember him falling off a big pile of books. Possibly trying to get out of the library window? I don't remember a lot about the movie, haven't seen it in ages but a little boy played by Macaulay Culkin ("Home Alone" 1 and 2) is in a library and the librarian / Pagemaster is played by Christopher Lloyd (" Back to the Future" 1, 2, and 3) it starts as real life and then turns to animation.

:::this part very well might be completely wrong:::: but I think it turns to animation when the boy gets locked in the library overnight while trying to escape a storm. And piles up some books to get out the window and when he falls off it turns to animation.

But he meets three books that help him get back to real life. One's a Horror one's a Fantasy (voiced by whoopie goldberg) and one's an Adventure (voiced by Patrick Stewart) I remember he was in his treehouse at one point I think the very end of the movie. But I don't remember much more.

I hope that helped jog your memory a bit.
    StacyP2006 Posts: 36, Reputation: 8

Jun 17, 2007, 02:43 PM
    That's exactly what it was! I didn't remember that it started real and turned into animation. But thanks you guys this has been bugging me forever!
    missa8324 Posts: 130, Reputation: 21

Jun 17, 2007, 10:15 PM
    The movie turns into the animated part when Macaulay Culkin's character is trying to find the phone in the library, but gets lost. He ends up in this big section of the library that has all these different literary characters painted on the ceiling (The Pagemaster is in the center of all the different characters, Moby and Dr. Jekyll/Mr. Hyde to name a few.) I can't remember if the power goes out in the library at this point or what, but all of a sudden he gets scared and starts to run. He trips in a puddle of water from the rain on his jacket and falls, hitting his head. A few seconds after he gets up, the paint from the ceiling starts to drip, turning into a dragon that follows him around. He ends up running around the whole library, leading him back into the big part where he just was, and the "dragon" washes over him from all angles, turning him into his animated self. Hope this helps!
    missa8324 Posts: 130, Reputation: 21

Jun 17, 2007, 10:15 PM
    *I meant to say Moby DI** up there, but forgot I can't type the full name of the whale on here!
    stardust713 Posts: 334, Reputation: 65

Jun 18, 2007, 08:01 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by missa8324
    The movie turns into the animated part when Macaulay Culkin's character is trying to find the phone in the library, but gets lost. He ends up in this big section of the library that has all these different literary characters painted on the ceiling (The Pagemaster is in the center of all the different characters, Moby and Dr. Jekyll/Mr. Hyde to name a few.) I can't remember if the power goes out in the library at this point or what, but all of a sudden he gets scared and starts to run. He trips in a puddle of water from the rain on his jacket and falls, hitting his head. A few seconds after he gets up, the paint from the ceiling starts to drip, turning into a dragon that follows him around. He ends up running around the whole library, leading him back into the big part where he just was, and the "dragon" washes over him from all angles, turning him into his animated self. Hope this helps!
    Lol I had that part completely wrong.
    queenellaflorida Posts: 2, Reputation: 0

Nov 4, 2007, 09:16 PM
    I was trying to find out what this movies was called to I'm thinking it was like talking books which all had different stories. The kid was blonde and fell into a library kind of thing.:confused:
    queenellaflorida Posts: 2, Reputation: 0

Nov 4, 2007, 09:48 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by StacyP2006
    this was an animated movie that came out around 1994 or 95. all i remember about this movie is it was about a little boy and he goes on some kind of adventure. i don't even remember what the adventure was. i remember having a coloring book that went with it. i don't think it was disney but i could be wrong. and for some reason i feel like it had something to do with books or stories because i think the coloring book had a picture of the boy and books falling.
    i know there isn't much to work with there but any help would be appreciated, its been driving me nuts!!
    It's the page master

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Three unknown animated movie titles 80s/early 90s [ 26 Answers ]

For the last couple years I've been on a quest to find all the movies I used to love as a kid. But I'm down to 3 that seem impossible! Maybe one of you can help me! :D Movie 1 - I recently had a tiny break in this case. This movie was almost definitely made from a children's book called "The...

Early - mid 90s animated kid's show [ 4 Answers ]

I'm trying to remember the name of a early - mid 90s kid's show. It was a computer generated show. It involved 5 planets (I think) that had engine and the people were like fire people, ice people, rock people and I think there were others. There was also a war involved.

Early to Mid '90s Sci-Fi [ 1 Answers ]

There was a show about an alien who looked like a human man and he had a companion giant eyeball looking creature who had a glassy reflective front and was constantly harassing the main character about hostility. What was this show?

Early 90s-Mid 90s Kids Show [ 5 Answers ]

I'm trying to remember the name of a kids show that used to be on Nickelodeon during the early to mid 90s. It's about a group of kids who sneak onto an alien ship and end up traveling in outer space together. There was a girl who was purple, and the only other character I can really describe is...

Moive from the Mid-90S [ 2 Answers ]

My sister and I watched this movie in the mid 90. It started with these kids coloring in a coloring book and the dog went into the book and so did the kids. Then there was this rainbow girl but she lost all of her colors because all the people in town wernt getting along. There was like the red...

View more questions Search