Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    magprob Posts: 1,877, Reputation: 300
    Ultra Member

Jun 16, 2007, 08:50 PM
    It’s Official: The Crash of the U.S. Economy has begun
    It’s official. Mark your calendars. The crash of the U.S. economy has begun. It was announced the morning of Wednesday, June 13, 2007, by economic writers Steven Pearlstein and Robert Samuelson in the pages of the Washington Post, one of the foremost house organs of the U.S. monetary elite.

It’s Official: The Crash of the U.S. Economy has begun
    chuff Posts: 3,397, Reputation: 1235
    Ultra Member

Jun 16, 2007, 11:32 PM
    My calendar has been marked. Amazingly there are some people who actually want that to happen so it can be one more thing to complain about or blame on George Bush.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 17, 2007, 07:14 AM
    George Bush?? It is the democratic party in power in Congress,
    Ultra Member

Jun 17, 2007, 07:55 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck
    George Bush??? it is the democratic party in power in Congress,
    Very true but if you were to believe the main stream press in this country everything that goes wrong is the fault of George Bush. In fact given that the economy is booming the fact that it is never mentioned is absurd in and of itself. Compare the coverage of George Bush to that same democatic congress and they get a pass on everything. And George Bush is still at fault.

I remember after Hurrican Katrina, Robert F. Kennendy Jr. and others actually said that George Bush CAUSED the hurricane. Not was responsible for the aftermath.. which he also got blamed for but that he actually caused the hurricane. Like Superman flew around the earth and made it spin backwards, apparently George Bush can fly around in circles in Air Force One and make hurricanes and send them to Mississippi and Louisanna, and of course George Bush hates America enough to do that with his superpowers.

My point in this circumstance is that if the economy starts to go south then the coverage starts up about how George Bush econmic policies don't work and this is all his fault. And with the election next year that is exactly the kind of "reporting" you will see a lot of compared the booming economy that receives very little.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jun 17, 2007, 08:56 AM
    Hello magdude:

I don't know. I can't add very well either. But, I can add this. Tax cuts have provided LESS income to the government. Wars are very expensive, and we're borrowing to pay for it. The results are record deficits. A deficit is a bill, and we owe it.

LBJ did the same thing to pay for Vietnam. It resulted in a major recession and the hyper-inflation of the 70's. Inflation is, after all, a tax - a hidden tax, but a tax nonetheless.

There is going to be a cost to this war. I don't know when it's going to start. Now is as good a time as any - but start it will.

Is it George Bush's fault? Well, he's not really been a good minder of your money, but it's actually Nixon's fault. The price of money, oil, stocks, foodstuffs, commodities, and until recently, real estate, have skyrocketed. Did your wages skyrocket?? If you're a CEO they did. That's inflation.

Are we going to feel the effects of all that stuff? You betcha!

excon
    Ken 297 Posts: 112, Reputation: 24

Jun 17, 2007, 09:17 AM
    Wasn't George Bush responsible for the demise of the Dinosaurs as well as global warming.
    I am amazed by an absolute idiot like George Bush knows how to affect the climate, cause hurricanes, control oil prices and oil supply all around the world.
    What a prediction by the geniuses at the Washington post. The US is heading in the direction of electing a person who's number one goal is to nationalize 10% of the economy. Even an idiot like George Bush can see that would lead to disaster for the economy.
    Lets all pile on and see how many problems President Bush has caused.
    Let me start with the obvious.
    Inventing Hurricanes
    The entire government entitlement program.
    Every war since he was old enough to manipulate those around him to his will. Most likely from his kindergarten class.
    I bet he had something to do with
    Greg Norman choking at the Masters.(Norman is a friend of Bill Clinton's so there is motive)
    Lets just pray that we have Hillary around to clean up the mess(Hope praying is declared Unconstitutional before that)
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jun 17, 2007, 09:17 AM
    It's Official: The Crash of the U.S. Economy has begun
    What economy?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jun 17, 2007, 10:26 AM
    Hello again:

Excuse me fellas. I thought you actually wanted to discuss something of substance here instead of rehashing what Rush Limprod told you.

But, that would be impossible. Neither Rush, Hannity or O'Reilly have a clue about the things I'm talking about, so they just yell and call names. I had hoped for something better here.

excon
    Ultra Member

Jun 17, 2007, 10:54 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon
    Hello again:

Excuse me fellas. I thought you actually wanted to discuss something of substance here instead of rehashing what Rush Limprod told you.

But, that would be impossible. Neither Rush, Hannity or O'Reilly have a clue about the things I'm talking about, so they just yell and call names. I had hoped for something better here.

excon
    Well since I can think and see for myself I don't have to have anybody tell me anything, including the tired excuse that I can't see the obvious and must be some kind of robot. I had hoped for something better from you as well.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jun 17, 2007, 11:09 AM
    What economy?
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jun 18, 2007, 06:19 AM
    This is too funny. The article was on the 13th . The next 2 days the market recovered all it's losses. Stocks are the best barometer of future business and economic health, and they are signaling that the financial health of this nation is excellent. Record wealth is now being created among the more than 100 million investors in the U.S. including the union and public-employee pension-fund holders who are 60 percent invested in this bull market.

Business is strong. U.S. exports to the rest of the world are rising. Unemployment is low. Wages are on their best run in years. And inflation is in check.

Doomsdayers have been jawing about an imminent collapse of the economy for the last 4 years. They are wrong. What we have is moderate growth and declining inflation even when you factor in oil fluctuations .The doom-and-gloom crowd is wrong.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Making English the official language of the you.S. [ 144 Answers ]

The opposition in Congress to making English the official language of the United States is a near perfect example of the failure of the current leadership in Washington to adopt a deeply held value of the American people. Eighty-five percent of Americans want the federal government to join with 30...

Official Wages [ 2 Answers ]

Is there a website that will let me know the average amount of wages I get for my position at my office. And since every town has a different minimum wage amount how can I find that out for my position as well.

Who determines if something is official [ 4 Answers ]

I wasn't sure what subject to put this under so if this is the wrong place, my apologies. Anyway. I made a fan club for a favorite band of mine. Mine is the first one that was made for them. Well my site was noticed by the band and I got a few messages from them thanking me. Well boom other people...

View more questions Search