Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    davekenyon Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 16, 2007, 07:50 PM
    Electric junction box
    How do you wire a 220 volt line through a junction box into a 220 volt plug in for a stove?
    Please provode me with a schematic of the wiring procedure.
    Thanks
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Jun 16, 2007, 07:59 PM
    3 wire or 4 wire?
    Red and black, or 2 black #10's go from 30 amp 2 Pole Breaker to 2 side wires on Recpticle. Both 3 and 4 wire use ground, #10(Can see strap connecting to metal body.)
    4 wire will have 4th wire for neutral(White) #10,and goes to whites in Panel

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Junction box for #2 aluminum wire [ 3 Answers ]

I need to join a new 100A feed on #2 aluminum wire to an existing #2 wire running from the panel. So this is actually #2 alum triplex in both cases plus a #8 bare copper ground. The junction will take place in an access panel in the wall where the two PVC conduits meet. What size junction box do...

Junction box as a cover? [ 3 Answers ]

I have a junction box currently that I need to add wiring to. It has the opening and internal clamps to add two more wires but this would put the box over its legal limit of wires in the box. The box is in a location that can be gotten at without removing any part of the building. The box is...

Junction Box Fill [ 5 Answers ]

I'm trying to find what the fill capacity on electrical junction boxes are. I found this chart The thing that is stumping me is do you count grounds or not? For example, the specific instance that has me looking is that I have a 4x4x1 1/4 box, with 4 12/2 cables in it. If you don't...

Junction box question [ 2 Answers ]

Hello. I have a quick junction box question. Is there a limitation to the amount of wires I can safely join in a junction box? If so, what is it and are there regulations to what size box I can use? Thank you. I would like the have 8 wires (neglecting ground) in one junction box (1 in / 3 out)....

Junction Box size [ 2 Answers ]

I have and oven with 10/3 mc cable attached. I am going to splice this to a 10/3 romex cable that I pulled from the sub panel. Is a metal 3" deep single gang box big enough? How many cubic inches do I need? Thank you

View more questions Search