Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    someguy222 Posts: 93, Reputation: 2

Jun 16, 2007, 07:02 PM
    Teen relationship Q.
    Hey so I'm 16 and I like a girl who's in the same grade as me who lives in a different town, about 15-20 minutes away. We've only met in person once, for about 15 seconds at a baseball game lol. We've been texting each other just about every day since April, but we were just friends until we met at the game a couple weeks ago. After that, she said she was attracted to me and I felt the same way. So for the last few weeks we've been trying to find an opportunity to hang out but have been unsuccessful. For the last week though she hasn't been talking to me as much, not answering all my texts and such. Do you think something's up? Or is it just me worrying?

Here's a direct quote from our last conversation this morning:
    Me: Heyyy! What's up?
    Her: Nothing you
    Me: Not much I got a game later. We got to chill soon!
    Her: Yeah

Is it just me or does it seem like she doesn't really want to talk to me that much?

Thanks in advance...
    chuff Posts: 3,397, Reputation: 1235
    Ultra Member

Jun 17, 2007, 04:48 PM
    Well, I don't speak teen txting so I can't say from the 16 words exchanged between you but the only way for you to find out is to stop contacting her. If she contacts you back there might be an interest. But from her end it's been over a month of you promising to hang out with her and you haven't come through. If I were her, I'd becoming less interested as well. I'm not saying go all out, but I am saying you've got to step up on your end.

Jun 17, 2007, 06:14 PM
    Well it hasn't been over a month, its been 2 weeks. But yeah I see what your saying. We've both been really busy with finals and everything so I was going to ask her to hang out maybe this weekend after they're done. Do you think I should ask her to see a movie? (she said she wanted to make out with me kinda) or something casual like mini golf or bowling or something?
    americangayboy Posts: 220, Reputation: 38

Jun 17, 2007, 06:22 PM
    You should just make definitive plans with her! It doesn't matter what you do... but I'd suggest something that allows you to talk. If you don't get to know her, you won't be able to tell if she's still into you.

Btw-making out at a movie is pretty cliché, and displeasing to those around you. If you do that, make sure your in the back row far away from others :)
    Ultra Member

Jun 17, 2007, 06:22 PM
    Yeah ask her out and see what she says. If she hesitates or doesn't give you an answer then no big loss. Personally I don't like movies right away because they are so cliche' so mini golf is certainly a good idea.

Jun 17, 2007, 06:30 PM
    If we were to go mini golfing or something would you suggest it being just us 2 or go with a couple other people?

Jun 17, 2007, 06:47 PM
    I think alone is good unless you have parental restrictions. It will allow you to be yourself without worrying what her/your friends think of your behavior.

Jun 17, 2007, 06:51 PM
    If other people went it wouldn't be as awkward though I don't think. And it would give us more to talk about dontcha think?

Jun 17, 2007, 06:57 PM
    Well, you should do what makes you feel more comfortable; however, I do think you'll get over the awkward phase that night if you are compatible. That's not to say that you definitely will (if you really like her, you might be nervous about her sharing the feeling).
    rockstar567 Posts: 77, Reputation: 2

Jun 17, 2007, 06:59 PM
    ive been texting this guy since april & he called me alot & texted me alot..but when him & i met we hung out for 15 mins..after that day he hasnt been answering my txt messages alot either but saying stuf like direct quote "il never forget u even if u didnt get to talk to me for 3 years" "even if we dont end up together youll always be in my heart""yes this is true love itl last forever" my bf is usually busy & lives 3 hours away so we never get to see eachother.. like barely but after the last week he said wat has happened to u ..u have changed...u use to be all sweet. & is like tell the other (my name) i miss her. so...just try to call her maybe. talk to her. ask her if there anything wrong in her life right now. & if so ask to just try to help her..if she is busy that maybe why she hasnt txted you. just think positive. & be patient
    Ultra Member

Jun 17, 2007, 07:05 PM
    I think other people being there can take some of the pressure off.

But it I think she's waiting for you to step up. You seem to be over analysising this whole thing. That more then anything is going to cause your downfall. If you like her, you do not have to apologize or make excuses for being interested in her. If she does not like you back that's her problem, let her get used by the next guy.

All this other stuff is a distraction for you to just ask her to do something with you. Your not asking her to marry you, your asking her to spend a couple hours with you.

Jun 17, 2007, 07:12 PM
    Last night I asked her if everything is OK and she said she was just really busy and tired lately from finals and work and stuff. I'm not sure if she was telling the truth or just saying that to make me happy. What do you think?
    Ultra Member

Jun 17, 2007, 07:17 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by someguy222
    last night i asked her if everything is ok and she said she was just really busy and tired lately from finals and work and stuff. i'm not sure if she was telling the truth or just saying that to make me happy. what do you think?
    I think I've already answered this when I posted this……….

Quote Originally Posted by chuff
    But it I think she's waiting for you to step up. You seem to be over analysising this whole thing. That more then anything is going to cause your downfall. If you like her, you do not have to apologize or make excuses for being interested in her. If she does not like you back that's her problem, let her get used by the next guy.

All this other stuff is a distraction for you to just ask her to do something with you. Your not asking her to marry you, your asking her to spend a couple hours with you.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jun 18, 2007, 06:56 AM
    Hey guy, relax and stop assuming, and make something happen, or she will get the idea your nothing but talk. Get busy and put together a plan of action, whether it's the two of you, or in a group, but get busy before you bore the girl to death, you think she wants to just sit and text? Have some fun, and get to know her, and be a gentleman. A fun loving gentleman.
    milky555 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 18, 2007, 07:02 AM
    Well is she worth w8ing to ask her out or you want to jump right in a relationship
    zooropa1985 Posts: 255, Reputation: 43

Jun 19, 2007, 09:53 AM
    Hmmm just a thought but why not just phone her and ask her out for coffee or whatever you young whipper snappers do these days.

Back in my day you were lucky if you had a phone that could take pictures never mind this bluetooth nonsense lol
    Ultra Member

Jun 19, 2007, 10:05 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by zooropa1985
    hmmm just a thought but why not just phone her and ask her out for coffee or whatever you young whipper snappers do these days.

Back in my day you were lucky if you had a phone that could take pictures never mind this bluetooth nonsense lol
    Back in my day you were lucky had a phone that plugged into a wall.

Jun 20, 2007, 07:26 PM
    It's lookin' like we're going to do something on Friday night, probably a movie. I'll keep you updated on the whole thing.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Teen pregnancy [ 14 Answers ]

I am 15 years old and pregnant. Am I considered an adult and can I make my own decisions?

Any Suggestions on Improving Parent/Teen Relationship? [ 15 Answers ]

Hello, I am new here also. I have 3 teenagers, aged 18, 16, and 15. The boys (18 & 15) are my biological children, and we adopted our daughter- now 16- at age 9. Our home was her 13th foster placement from the time she was removed from her birth mother’s home at age 5 along with her 7...

Teen [ 1 Answers ]

What kind of diets and exercises and she do? She is now a cheerleander and is scared about fitting into a unaform. What do you think could help.

Teen Dating? [ 10 Answers ]

I was wanting to know who you people think should pay for dates. The teen girl or teen guy or would it be best to split the cost ?

Teen [ 1 Answers ]

How do you giv a girl the best orgasm? :confused:

View more questions Search