Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    msbarnie Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 16, 2007, 05:17 PM
    Wheels on a riding mower
    [f]i have a old craftsman riding mower and i need to getthe rear wheels off but can't not getthem to budge i have sprayed wd-40 and another thing like that but with no luck can some one please help me
    Thanks in advance
    msbarnie:eek:
    Dennis777 Posts: 478, Reputation: 124

Jun 16, 2007, 05:58 PM
    Hello.

Try some heat, many times heat will let the hub swell and slide off past the rust.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jun 16, 2007, 07:37 PM
    Heat does work well but try this if the heat doesn't do it. Back the bolt out about two complete turns, resoak with liquid wrench. Put an oak board or plate on the bolt and sharply smack it with a 5 lbs mallet or sledge. Do not have the mower jacket up, allow to sit on the ground.
    acridcola Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jun 21, 2007, 08:09 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by msbarnie
    [F]I HAVE A OLD CRAFTSMAN RIDING MOWER AND I NEED TO GETTHE REAR WHEELS OFF BUT can't NOT GETTHEM TO BUDGE I HAVE SPRAYED WD-40 AND ANOTHER THING LIKE THAT BUT WITH NO LUCK CAN SOME ONE PLEASE HELP ME
    THANKS IN ADVANCE
    MsBarnie:eek:
    I'ld avoid pounding them off or you'll most likely break off the retaining rings inside the transaxle.

I did that recently and they don't make those retaining rings anymore.
    MOWERMAN2468 Posts: 3,214, Reputation: 243
    Ultra Member

Aug 5, 2007, 07:07 AM
    You Can "pound" On Them A Little, But Beware Of The Transmission Clips Coming Off. Try Heat Or What Ballengerb1 Suggested.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Riding lawn mower to riding go-cart [ 6 Answers ]

I want to convert a riding mower, with a bad engine, to some type of riding go-cart. I'll probably put some type of small engine it it for power, but want something the kids can creep around the yard with. Any ideas? Thanks, G

Diagram for replacing lawn mower belt on Sears Craftsman 4000 Riding Mower [ 9 Answers ]

I need a diagram on how to replace a belt on the Sears Craftsman II 4000 riding mower

Riding Mower [ 2 Answers ]

Hell0, My Husband Is Having A Problem With His Briggs And Stratton 16.5 Hp Riding Lawn Mower. It Is Blowing Oil Into The Carb. Can Anyone Help Me? Tks

Back wheels on a riding lawnmower [ 3 Answers ]

Hi How do I get a stuck wheel off the transmission axle

View more questions Search