Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    xunsinkablex Posts: 31, Reputation: 5

Jun 16, 2007, 12:47 PM
    Stubble after shaving?
    Whenever I shave my legs, I seem to still have the appearance of stubble. It's mainly on the back of my calves. I hate it because it looks like I haven't shaved in a few days, and no matter how many times I go back over that area, I can't get a clean shave. I've tried many different kinds of razors (schick quattro for women, venus, soleil, other bic disposable razors, intuition, etc) and I get the same results with all of them. I've tried creams (sally hansen and nair), but they don't seem to work well on my upper legs.
    Is there anything you'd recommend to get a cleaner shave? I don't really have the money to go and get waxed all the time, either :( thanks for any suggestions
    nauticalstar420 Posts: 3,699, Reputation: 423
    Ultra Member

Jun 16, 2007, 12:48 PM
    One thing you can try that has helped me is before you shave soak your legs in warm water for at least 10 minutes before you shave them. Not sure why this helps, but it was suggested to me by a friend and it helped me.
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Jun 16, 2007, 07:10 PM
    If you want a clean shave and smooth legs. Try to soak the area to be shaved with warm water, this softens the hair follicle and opens your pores. Then use a hair conditioner or shaving cream, which reduces ingrown hair. Make sure to use a sharp razor, and shave in the same direction as te hair grows to prevent razor burns or cuts. After shaving your legs, be sure to apply some moisturizer.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Shaving reaction? [ 1 Answers ]

i have tanish, medium brown skin....and when i shave my legs, it turns reddish, and later dark brown...y???? is my skin that sensitive? it bugs me cause its not all over my leg but on my shin. what can i do to get rid of this annoying, dark spots??!

Shaving [ 1 Answers ]

hey I'm 16 and shaved my pubic hair for the first time first I trimmed with sum scissors then used gillete shavin gel with a new wilkinson sword quatro titanium it was fine for about a day and was really smooth but then I got these red bumps and it started itching is there anything I can do I...

Shaving [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, I am turning 15 soon, this is the third time I have tried shaving my pubic hair. Well the thing is after I do shave it, I feel really really uncomfortable. When my penis touches the tiny hair it hurts, making me uncomfortable. I don't know if this is normal or not, should I be doing this often?...

About shaving [ 1 Answers ]

Hey, l want to get thicker beard. But should l shave everyday with blade? And also how many months should l shave and stop and let the beard grow?

Epilators better than shaving? [ 3 Answers ]

Philips - Satin Ice Epilator.. has anyone heard of this? Here's the link:http://www.edirectory.co.uk/pf/pages/moreinfoa.asp?pe=CCAGBIDQ_+Philips+Satin+Ice+Epilator+HP6438&cid=880 Does anyone know if they sell it at the local Wal-Mart or RiteAid? Where would they carry this product and is it...

View more questions Search