Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rockstar567 Posts: 77, Reputation: 2

Jun 16, 2007, 10:27 AM
    What should I do?
    I am a young teen & I try out for plays & musicals. I have been in plays many times & is going to a camp in about a week.
    I am thinking about becoming an actress but I am not sure.
    People say I can sing & act & that I am dramatic.
    They say I should try out but I'm not sure if I should.
    If anyone think they know what I should do... answer back..
    Thanks

-kt:confused:
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 16, 2007, 11:24 AM
    Yes you should do what you want to do.

If you want to be in plays or do musicals, you need to look at taking music or drama lessons

Jun 17, 2007, 10:51 AM
    OK. I`m going to a performing arts camp next week. They do many things. Singing lessons & rock bands & stuff like that. People say that I should stay with my dream. They say I should stay with what my heart feels. I`m still not sure If acting will turn out great if I get an agent.. what should I do?
    Shaykr Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 19, 2007, 12:21 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by rockstar567
    I am a young teen & I try out for plays & musicals. I have been in plays many tiems & is going to a camp in about a week.
    I am thinking about becoming an actress but i am not sure.
    People say I can sing & act & that I am dramtic.
    they say i should try out but im not sure if i should.
    if anyone think they know what i should do...answer back..
    thanks

-kt:confused:
    If you really think that, that's what you want to do then I say go for it! You should do what makes you happy and what makes you... well you! Don't be afraid of it!

Jun 20, 2007, 06:39 PM
    Okay.. thanx for the advice..
    Ill do it..
    & try for my dream
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jun 26, 2007, 01:45 PM
    I agree with the answers above. I also want to add that you don't necessarily need an agent to get you jobs as an actress. I have a cousin who travels all over the U.S. performing in dinner theaters for a living.

If you have a community theater around where you live, you could try out and get involved with that to see if acting is something that you want to do. Frankly, for most people who get involved in acting, it is something that they want to stay with, even if it is not a way to make a living. It is a great way to make new friends!

I have been in over 40 musical theater productions either on the stage or playing for them. One of the things that I do for a living, is I am a professional musician on voice and various instruments.
    Emland Posts: 2,468, Reputation: 496
    Ultra Member

Jun 26, 2007, 01:48 PM
    I agree with Clough. You don't have to do it as a living unless you really want to. A friend of mine is a school teacher and performs in Summer Shakes each year. She belongs to a Shakespeare troupe that puts on free performances in the Summertime.
    itskita Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 25, 2007, 12:32 PM
    If you can think it, you can achieve it. Go for it. Never expect things to be easy, that is a big set up for discouragement and failure. Look to work hard at whatever you do now and later in life you will have made it easier on yourself

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search