Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    auc69 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 16, 2007, 07:27 AM
    Eviction of an adult child
    How do I evict a family member who has no lease, pays no rent nor any of the monthly household expenses. I can not get him to just leave, he says to 'evict him'.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jun 16, 2007, 08:21 AM
    Hello auc:

When the law looks into homes, it sees only owners, tenants, guests and trespassers. It sees nothing else. If he's not a tenant, and he's not, you can't evict him. So, there appears to be only one thing left: Call the cops and have him removed as a trespasser.

excon
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 16, 2007, 10:15 AM
    Change the locks when he is out to town worked well for me with one son.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Adult child paternity rights? [ 2 Answers ]

Can anyone tell me if I have any right to determine who my father is? I am 32 years old, and have been trying tactfully to contact the man who is said to be my father. I want nothing more from him than the truth... is he my father? If he is, all I am looking for is family tree information and...

Nj eviction of adult child [ 1 Answers ]

27 year old lives at home in NJ. Has drug problems and is suspected of stealing items and cash from us. Refuses to leave when told to. How to legally get him out and restrain him from coming around

Eviction of adult child [ 1 Answers ]

At what age can a parent legally evict an adult child living in their home and be able to count on police assistance if necessary?

Adult Child evicted from home? [ 3 Answers ]

Anyone know how, in GA, to be sure you can evict your 18-year old drug abusing adult son? I am told that merely telling him to leave (done) and changing the locks (done) is not sufficient. Thanks.

View more questions Search